Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Liked 355 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    ye, then also go after F1 drivers - F1 much longer is involved in this hybrid sh..t and all of then flying private jets... just be calm
    And Seb flew how far exactly?

Was quite happy to let this slide previously however now its this sort of thing that will be picked up on as rallying is a softer target for the detractors than F1. As I said previously if you cared to read my follow up I would have done the same in his situation so I'm not some angry greenager however mark my words it will become an issue in due course if we are not careful.

Liked 1,474 Times in 573 Posts
    Regarding the 2021 cutting:
    It was a short right hand corner followed by a long flat left hander. You could take the right hander flat(ish) and cut the left hander through the field.
    I was RNC that year, these are the pictures of the spot:

This is where they come from (the right hander and the tracks from the first pass):

This is the exit of the corner. As you can see from our car, they were cutting meters off the road in that case.
    Last edited by dupanton; 23rd January 2023 at 19:25.

3. Likes: becher (24th January 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Regarding the 2021 cutting:
    It was a short right hand corner followed by a long flat left hander. You could take the right hander flat(ish) and cut the left hander through the field.
    I was RNC that year, these are the pictures of the spot:

This is where they come from (the right hander and the tracks from the first pass):

This is the exit of the corner. As you can see from our car, they were cutting meters off the road in that case.
    Was a good one, wasn't it! Who were you there as RNC for?

Liked 400 Times in 210 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/rosse...ryazins-fault/

Article about the matter in response to brainless social media comments.

Liked 839 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/rosse...ryazins-fault/

Article about the matter in response to brainless social media comments.
    dirtfish has poor journalistic quality and Luke Barry is definitely the worst of the bunch. it's not gryazin's fault for taking the fastest line through a corner full of dirt and gaining a negligible advantage, it's his team's fault for setting the precedent, and getting it's own medicine from the rivals they did the same to previously.

7. Likes: ouvreur (24th January 2023)
    Liked 569 Times in 206 Posts
    Part of rallying is making the rules - whether you agree with them or not - work for you, and if you can gain an advantage or make use of a grey area, then go for it.
    People moaning need to get over it.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

9. Likes: AnttiL (24th January 2023),becher (24th January 2023),cali (24th January 2023),TWRC (24th January 2023)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Part of rallying is making the rules - whether you agree with them or not - work for you, and if you can gain an advantage or make use of a grey area, then go for it.
    People moaning need to get over it.
    "People moaning" is the only way anything will change. Granted, not us moaning in here. But if everyone just shuts up and tolerates rules and ideas that aren't fit for purpose (not just this one) then it's no wonder rallying is dying on its arse.

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    "People moaning" is the only way anything will change. Granted, not us moaning in here. But if everyone just shuts up and tolerates rules and ideas that aren't fit for purpose (not just this one) then it's no wonder rallying is dying on its arse.
    "One wheel on the road" rule certainly is not at fault of rallying's current state.
    Can I suggest to instead of moaning you propose another set of rules where competitors would follow the course and will not use off-road excursions to gain time?
    I thinks it's a bloody good rule to have against cutting. Yes it created some controversy but this can be done basically with any rulebook. There's always someone who's not satisfied.

The problem is not the rules but we, the humans

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

12. Likes: becher (24th January 2023),ictus (24th January 2023)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    dirtfish has poor journalistic quality and Luke Barry is definitely the worst of the bunch. it's not gryazin's fault for taking the fastest line through a corner full of dirt and gaining a negligible advantage, it's his team's fault for setting the precedent, and getting it's own medicine from the rivals they did the same to previously.
    Maybe Dirtfish has poor journalistic quality but they are the ONLY media related to rally. If it was not for them, we would have nothing, just one article per week from autosport.com

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    I will repeat what I was saying after Ypres. There need to be clearly defined rules that can be controlled and are not open to interpretation. Otherwise the controversies will be endless.

With this rule there is still a potential controversy in situations where the crew loses control. (Did they really miss the braking or was it on purpose?). But that's still much better than saying it's rallying and do what you want (See Mikkelsen and Meeke in 2014 and 2015?, as mentioned in the article, also note that one got money fine and other 1 min penalty).

There are potential improvements:
    - Changing the deadlines for protests, protest for Saturday should have deadline early Sunday latest
    - Organizers should put anticuts (like haybales) so that they block the car from going completely off the road, but they don't necessarily need to be at the edge of tarmac.

15. Likes: AndyRAC (24th January 2023),cali (24th January 2023),Rally Hokkaido (25th January 2023)