Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    I'm sure the only reason it was late, was because they waited to see if he did still stay in front as to whether to protest.

Of course you would always wait for that.

Same how the FIA wait until after the rally to check if a car is fully legal!

2. Likes: J4MIE (25th August 2022),WRCStan (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    You said Lefevbre broke the rules, pointing it is bad sportsmanship and should not be reported to stewards? Are you serious?
    I'd appreciate it if you stopped twisting my words and giving a false impression of what I object to.

Nobody of sound mind could have any problem with one competitor protesting the transgression of another. It's essential to the sport.

The way car 20 did it and their timing are what I disagree with. I also strongly disagree with the idea that Lefebvre somehow got an enormous advantage by being half a car further into this one cut, I don't like the way the precedent of Monte 2021 hasn't been followed, and think the penalty is disproportionate, though I appreciate the fact the stewards - maybe even deliberately - didn't penalise SL enough to cost him the lead.

BUT

I really don't think this matter should even have got to the stewards' room.

Now, please, don't twist my words again.

4. Likes: cali (23rd August 2022),Corcaíoch (23rd August 2022),EstWRC (23rd August 2022),Integrale (23rd August 2022),wyler (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 249 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Toksport team member was in a turn on a rally and was filming. That's the facts, what purpose he went there for is speculation.

Yeah, this isn't really going anywhere, is it? Let's agree to disagree.
    Ouninpohja!

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    You assume that it was a deliberate effort (your own words) including:

- going to the spot and filming for this purpose
    - telling Toksport crews or only Mikkelsen not to cut (nobody else than Lefebvre cut so much on all onboards, Mikkelsen cuts similar to others)
    - sending complain before PS to win the rally (deadline to send was until 18h, why not after PS?)

Do you see there are quite a number of steps between facts and your assumptions?

I also disagree with the timing. But I am not making a ton of additional assumptions of how they planned two days in advance to win the rally. Certainly not assumptions that go against evidence.

---

With regards to advantage he got maybe a second, then it is two passes and then you have other spots. Like the one at 4:50 of same stage (which I orginally thought was the reported one). Maybe it might be interesting to watch other stages too, also to see what happened where that pic from Integrale was taken.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post

Yeah, this isn't really going anywhere, is it? Let's agree to disagree.
    No I want to know how do you keep drivers from unlimited cuts if you don't have any rules against it.

You seem to think that this cut was fine, yet the one in Monte wasn't (or I am wrong?).

So how do you differentiate between them?

I certainly believe you can't rely on "gentlements agreements" in a sport about millions decided by parts of a second.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/shoul...return-to-wrc/

A shame it won't, although I would add some night time stages if it's run at the end of August instead of it's usual June slot.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd August 2022),cali (23rd August 2022),flat_right (23rd August 2022),steve.mandzij (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I'm sure the only reason it was late, was because they waited to see if he did still stay in front as to whether to protest.

Of course you would always wait for that.

Same how the FIA wait until after the rally to check if a car is fully legal!
    Exactly. Isn't this actually the gentlemanly thing to do? If car 20 had crashed out on Sunday the appeal would have been worthless but would have taken up however long of the steward's time on Saturday evening. How many complaints would be lodged each weekend just in case they matter at the end, hundreds?

Liked 337 Times in 178 Posts
    That Toksport vs Lefebvre situation is disgrace to the sport. Dont know if all this "circus'' was actually initiated by Mikkelsen himself but this just downgrades his reputation even more and so his chances to return to WRC1 team (if there was any). Sad.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd August 2022),cali (23rd August 2022),EstWRC (23rd August 2022),flat_right (23rd August 2022),Oliverk (23rd August 2022),steve.mandzij (24th August 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Very surprised by one point in Colin Clark grades about Fourmaux:
    The instructions could not have been clearer – forget the fight with Solberg and bring that car back in one piece.

Clearly, looking at his comments during the last day, Fourmaux was trying to catch 4th even being sick.
    So either Clark is wrong about the team orders or Fourmaux deliberately refused them: if it’s the second option, either he is out before the end of the season for not respecting the orders (don’t see how this could not be sanctioned) or M-Sport and sponsors already told him he will be out for next year and he is trying to show himself to other manufacturers. Very strange behavior.

Only point that may save him a bit is that there are two tarmac rounds remaining and, without Loeb, he is maybe the best M-Sport tarmac driver on pure speed; but wouldn’t be surprised not to see him in New Zealand for example (Acropolis is a little bit early to organize a replacement).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 23rd August 2022 at 19:05.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Why need to organize replacement for Acropolis? Loeb is there. They have entered six Pumas!

15. Likes: cali (23rd August 2022),pantealex (24th August 2022),WRC1 (23rd August 2022)