Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Snijers is 65 and his best day (Manx win 1988) is nearly 35 years ago. Pajari should be beating him if he wants to advance his rallying career.

2. Likes: J4MIE (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Snijers is 65 and his best day (Manx win 1988) is nearly 35 years ago. Pajari should be beating him if he wants to advance his rallying career.
    So you think Pajari wasn’t faster?

4. Likes: cali (22nd August 2022),Hartusvuori (22nd August 2022),WRC1 (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Oh, Pajari was definitely faster. But, it's not that big of a measuring stick in 2022.

Liked 89 Times in 28 Posts
    My new best of video of this particular event

http://youtu.be/2vjAXzcEHaA

The Hyundai are the best top speed again.
    More videos --> www.devillersvideo.be

7. Likes: Fredouye (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontcut View Post
    Olivier de Wilde, La Dernière Heure (BEL)
    Question for Ott. In the Power Stage, Theirry said that he has some issues with the transmission. Do you believe him?
    OT:
    I don’t go this way.

Did you talk with him about what happened yesterday, about what he said?
    OT:
    Yeah we spoke about it, it was probably some kind of game. It was what it was, you know. Everybody as you know, are under a lot of pressure and Thierry had the most, fighting in front of his home crowd, trying to bring the win home. It is important and I have no problem with that.

Did you see where he went off. He said to us that he was surprised by the dust. You were three minutes in front of him and there was no dust. He said it was impossible to avoid. Did you put the dust there for him?
    OT:
    Are you from Belgium?

Yes
    I checked the onboard of that stage and compared Thierry and Ott

Quite a difference, Ott takes the deep cut in the left and avoids going on the gravel with the wheels.

Thierry for some reason doesn’t take the cut as deep and goes on the gravel with left wheel and slides off

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2022),cali (22nd August 2022),J4MIE (22nd August 2022),Sproaks (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 249 Times in 67 Posts
    About the Lefebvre penalties... Alain Georges of DG Sport isn't too happy about the apparent 'setting up' of the complaint. Toksport had sent someone to film the corner at Wijtschate, both on SS11 and SS15. They had told all their drivers not to cut that corner. You can indeed see that Mikkelsen avoids the cut, which is clearly the fastest and safest line to take. Especially on SS15 the asphalt was filled with gravel. You can see the corner on the onboard from Lefebvre from 6 minutes 10 onwards. Lefebvre takes a very deep cut indeed. Four wheels off the road.

But it's the intent that disturbs Alain Georges the most. And I can follow him. He says that it sets a very bad precedent for other teams in years to come. Do we want positions getting changed because teams send cameramen out to 'catch' their adversaries doing a cut that's too deep? It's not the spirit of (this) rally.

I don't like it and it would've been a real shame if Mikkelsen won this way.
    Ouninpohja!

11. Likes: AnttiL (22nd August 2022),cali (22nd August 2022),Corcaíoch (22nd August 2022),Eli (22nd August 2022),EstWRC (22nd August 2022),Fredouye (22nd August 2022),Lead (23rd August 2022),MarkT (22nd August 2022),PLuto (22nd August 2022),Sergiow (22nd August 2022),steve.mandzij (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Negaiss View Post
    It is super hard to be Formaux fan, but he has to stay. He has zero results but he has that natural feel, natural capability, bravery and inner understanding about being fast in rally. If only there was a possiblity to give him a full season being allowed to go as fast as he can on every stage (=being allowed to destroy 13 cars), we would see surprises - new rally star.
    from the french forum:
    A quick little stat (for all those who cite Katsuta as an example of reliability compared to Fourmaux)
    -Katsuta: 90 starts 22 retirments (22%)
    -Fourmaux: 64 starts (it's really not a lot) 14 retirements (24%)

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    from the french forum:
    A quick little stat (for all those who cite Katsuta as an example of reliability compared to Fourmaux)
    -Katsuta: 90 starts 22 retirments (22%)
    -Fourmaux: 64 starts (it's really not a lot) 14 retirements (24%)
    And......?

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

14. Likes: EstWRC (22nd August 2022),steve.mandzij (22nd August 2022),WRC1 (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    If counting only WRC/Rally1 starts, Fourmaux has 6 retirements out of 18 starts, Katsuta has 4 retirements out of 31 starts. So 33% and 13% How many super rallies there are, not bothered.

16. Likes: AnttiL (23rd August 2022),cali (23rd August 2022),WRC1 (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrale View Post
    About the Lefebvre penalties... Alain Georges of DG Sport isn't too happy about the apparent 'setting up' of the complaint. Toksport had sent someone to film the corner at Wijtschate, both on SS11 and SS15. They had told all their drivers not to cut that corner. You can indeed see that Mikkelsen avoids the cut, which is clearly the fastest and safest line to take. Especially on SS15 the asphalt was filled with gravel. You can see the corner on the onboard from Lefebvre from 6 minutes 10 onwards. Lefebvre takes a very deep cut indeed. Four wheels off the road.

But it's the intent that disturbs Alain Georges the most. And I can follow him. He says that it sets a very bad precedent for other teams in years to come. Do we want positions getting changed because teams send cameramen out to 'catch' their adversaries doing a cut that's too deep? It's not the spirit of (this) rally.

I don't like it and it would've been a real shame if Mikkelsen won this way.
    You mean that Toksport somehow managed to pursue Lefevbre to take 4 wheels off the road on both passes even though everyone was reminded before the start not to do it and no other P1-driver (WRC+WRC2 top) did it (says so in the stewards decision, I checked Tanak, Rossel, Ingram and MIkkelsen). Epic skills they have.
    Clearly fastest and safest way that half of the field in Monte 2021 got penalized for, starting with Mikkelsen.
    Btw. I thought it was the corner at 4:50 where Lefevbre is also much deeper than anyone else, one second here and one second there...

Besides trolling:

I agree that it was good that they didn't change the results with penalties. If the penaly happened Saturday evening it would be ok but not after everyone is finished. If Toksport timed the decision to happen first after finish they are both nasty and stupid (stupid cause after finish there is much lower chance they will change results), I am not 100% sure when they submitted it.

As for Toksport I think there is some bad blood in their squad, a bit for Monte 2021, but mostly for Liepaja 2021.

In Liepaja 2021:
    - Franceschi (Toksport Clio) got penalty for some TC confusion that would have cost him a win, except they then excluded Seks for homologation issues (Liepaja was stewards fun party).

- Mikkelsen got 1 minute penalty after confusion on the startline of SS2. At that time there were COVID rules where co-driver doesn't get written starttime on timecard, just shown. The codriver either didn't get it clearly or forgot it. With 15s left on the clock he asked for starttime/confirmation again and didn't get it, instead getting new time one min later and 1 min penalty.
    They appealed and Mikkelsen got startposition as if the penalty was removed for Sunday, with decision to take place later. Fought with "Team MRF" for virtual 2nd place whole Sunday and narrowly beat them on speed. Then after the finish (and before podium) codriver from that same team that fought for 2nd place was a witness that testified the start crew did everything correctly on SS2 and penatly was kept.... leading to first ever podium of MRF tires.
    So they basically indicated they would remove the penalty (with the start position) and then kept it anyway based on the "loosing" team that got a position from it.

To follow your conspiracy levels:
    The co-driver witnessing in Liepaja was somehow present near the startline of that stage even though they were starting 10 cars later. I don't think this had anything to do with it or was planned in any way, just like I don't think Toksport told their drivers not to cut there just so they could penalize Lefevbre (How do you convince Lefevbre to do something illegal?, also Ingram cut deeper than Rossel for example). According to stewards decision they watched the vid of all P1 drivers and nobody cut like Lefevbre.
    In Ypres just from watching this one stage Lefevbre is much deeper on multiple corners sometimes with 4 wheels off.
    Last edited by mknight; 22nd August 2022 at 20:47.