Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Never been to the Ypres rally, probably going with a friend who has never been to Ypres rally neither but has seen WRC in Portugal and Catalunya. So we both lacking a profound stage knowledge of Ypres rally. But YouTube video are always good for online recce to find the most interesting places. Here is a very good one from last year. I guess the complete video is from the Kemmelberg stage? Especially the s-sweeping corners on 0:10 and the T-junction at 2:00 are hotpoints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29CQ8dOuqk
    Last edited by Sergiow; 9th August 2022 at 13:06.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Last year Ypres featured some of the most suicidally spectators. Katsuta almost mowed down a few even if those were in a spot that looked relatively safe.

So take care where you go.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    To me it looked like spectators were mostly in good places, but crashes in a fast tarmac rally like Ypres can take the car far from the road, in any direction!

4. Likes: MentalParadox (17th August 2022),WRC1 (9th August 2022)
    https://youtu.be/IM0rXlaW4xk

I count like 4 corners where the camera guy or others are on the outside of a fast tarmac corner. Often "protected" by corn only.

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    To me it looked like spectators were mostly in good places, but crashes in a fast tarmac rally like Ypres can take the car far from the road, in any direction!
    That's right, just check this Bryan Bouffier @ Ypres Rally Shakedown Nieuwkerke 2018 video. The spectatorts are all at a safe distance (10m) and inside the corner but they were extremely lucky here, extremely lucky https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvPfwHAzDNc

Rule of the thumb I learned is that you always best position yourself at a higher ground and that is going to be difficult with the Ypres flatlands
    Last edited by Sergiow; 9th August 2022 at 18:13.

7. Likes: MentalParadox (17th August 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2022/08/...-belgium-2022/

Difficult to write about this rally when all stages are almost the same but still need to find the differences. No Spa this year, and no Zonnebeke, so they've had to add three new stages. Vleteren wasn't used last year, Wijtchate was separated from Kemmelberg and Langemark was last year's shakedown.

9. Likes: Sergiow (14th August 2022)
    Liked 392 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    Never been to the Ypres rally, probably going with a friend who has never been to Ypres rally neither but has seen WRC in Portugal and Catalunya. So we both lacking a profound stage knowledge of Ypres rally. But YouTube video are always good for online recce to find the most interesting places. Here is a very good one from last year. I guess the complete video is from the Kemmelberg stage? Especially the s-sweeping corners on 0:10 and the T-junction at 2:00 are hotpoints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X29CQ8dOuqk

I'd say do your homework. It was my first WRC event last year (first rally in flat area as well) and I was underwhelmed. I didn't find the best spots for sure as Ypres seemingly demands experience of the stages to find good places. Also bring something to stand on, the fields are often lower than the road and on the few hills close to the road the marshalls would't let you stay there.

Weather forecast starts to look interesting.

Let's hope partly wet conditions happen so that the rally is not utterly boring.

Last year I gave up both friday and saturday after a few cars on each stage. Only Sunday was interesting but they dropped those stages for this year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, do anybody know, what they mean by the last sentence?: "The special stages will only be accessible via a ticket point with a correct wristband and at a specific time. Outside these times, there is no access to the special stages."

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Bulacia rolled this morning at the first stage of a local rally where Toksport is testing today.

14. Likes: dimviii (14th August 2022)