Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts

[off] Does F1 still needs the Middle East money?

I mean... F1 is booming like now. No one can deny this. And it would not be thaaat difficult to just ACCEPT other places requests to have a race.

F1 has been racing in the middle east for what? 2 Decades already? And they are actually Expanding it into that region with Saudi Arabia, Qatar... at this point I wouldnt rule out another race in Kuwait or something like that in the next 5 years or whatever.

But my point is... Ok, fine, there was so much money to be made out there but now its just totally against F1 says it is: "Human rights" and "Sustainability without Petrol".

Not only that... 20 years with some form of racing over there and yet theres not a single driver from that Region. I know theres two UAE girls racing somewhere, but thats it. Even those "Regional" Formulas in the MiddleEast are only raced by europeans, basically... So, we had no influence on that region. It was just for the money. Remember India and South Korea? It generated "nothing" to F1 and I feel its the same in the middle east, but they have way too much money to just keep the races.

But now F1 can have this money from places where There are fans, championships and potential drivers... why? Just why? Does F1 still needs the middle east money in your opinion?

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post

But now F1 can have this money from places where There are fans, championships and potential drivers... why? Just why? Does F1 still needs the middle east money in your opinion?
    Because there is not enough money in Europe. Also the venues in Middle East put on a show for F1.

F1 tried to move into Asia, but China is hot mess and Vietnam was full of corruption (and no money). Now F1 trying to go big in U.S.. Miami seemed to be big hit, but will it have sustainability? Las Vegas is promising, but only time will tell.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    They will just follow the money. More money means bigger track shows, which helps coverage, which brings in more money.

If F1 explodes in the US and the money is right, I'm sure they would be happy to have 5 or 6 races. But if the money isn't there, it won't ever happen.

So F1 doesn't really "need" the money really, but it's the only way to cash in and try to spread the sport out to more viewers. Until it catches on and promotes feeder series, we won't see drivers from many of those regions. But that has always been the way of much open wheeled racing.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I agree... But the point is that it looks they can "follow the money" outside the middle-east right now.
    Nothing against that region of the world, its just that it looks pointless cuz theres no drivers from there, no racing series from there.... idk, just thinking out loud haha
    Argentina should be on the calendar, for example