Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Thats sad... but is it too early to say its over?

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Where did the "lollipop person" go?
    They are still very much needed, too many unsafe releases.

And it is not logic that the driver gets the penalty when the team messes up!!?

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    At this rate, Mercedes might have a chance to catch Ferrari for #2.

4. Likes: airshifter (24th July 2022)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    It looked to me that Georgie really got away with one there .
    Checo left him room , but George had no room for the Mexican around the second apex .
    Then , he had the audacity to suggest he should give the place back after being the guy who pushed him off .

6. Likes: airshifter (24th July 2022),Mia 01 (24th July 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    A sad day for Ferrari and Charles but he was under great pressure from Max. Mercedes seems to have a bit better race pace this afternoon.

8. Likes: airshifter (24th July 2022)
    Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Not the most exciting race, but some twists and turns that made it interesting at least.

It's a shame that Leclerc lost the car from the lead. It looks like they were very closely matched, and with fresh tires on both it might have gotten more dicey. But once Charles went off, Max was in cruise mode for the most part, and got a fairly easy win. But at least we got a few laps of Max trying to get him on track, and I think laps that we would have never seen in the old spec cars. The RB could stay there and apply pressure, even if not enough to make a pass. Following cars have a much better chance at making it work in 2022.

Merc had a really good race as well. With Lewis jumping Checo at the start, there wasn't much real chance of getting it back without a mistake. At the end there Checo was doing great defending against George, but that jump after the VSC was well timed and very well done. I think he was already in Checo's head with the VSC delta games earlier, and ended up getting it almost perfect. Well done by both Merc drivers.

Checo really didn't have a great weekend, and all things considered it was decent damage control after his bad practice sessions. He did well in qually, but really it wasn't representative of his weekend.

George was still trying to say he was right on the dive with Checo in the cool down room was funny. I guess even after the team told him to just get on with it, he saw it as winning the corner, but we all know if Checo had even tried to stay on track that would have gotten messy.

Hard to say whether Ferrari got it right or wrong with Carlos, but I'm leaning towards wrong. But on the flip side, if those mediums fell off the cliff or failed we would be wondering why they didn't pit. So they might have had to really push their luck to get that many laps on those medium tires.

Both Alpines and both McLarens in the top 10 as well. I didn't think Ocon would get back in the points, but it came his way towards the end.

Still not my favorite track, but not a bad race for France.

10. Likes: Bagwan (25th July 2022),Mia 01 (25th July 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Not the most exciting race, but some twists and turns that made it interesting at least.

Still not my favorite track, but not a bad race for France.
    It unfortunate that Leclerc crashed out - it looked like there could have been a great battle at the end between Charles and Max. An exciting finish might have given France a better reputation.

I was disappointed with Haas. I really thought they would fight through to the points with what looked like the pace they had in qualifying.

Gasly continue to show this year why he will never be in a Red Bull.

Albon continue to put the Williams where they don't belong (P13) - or is it Latifi underachieving always?

Ricciardo actually had a decent weekend, at least he was hanging with his teammate and delivered some points.

12. Likes: airshifter (25th July 2022),Bagwan (29th July 2022)
    Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Yeah, the fight at the front might have been good. RB thought they had less graining and could go the distance so they rolled the dice for the undercut. We will never know if it would have worked until the end of the race. The cars overall seemed fairly level on performance, with strengths in differing parts of the track.

Haas just faded, it got away from them after early promise. And I think Yuki had a shot at points considering his qually and Gasly's finishing position. But that contact tossed his race fairly quick. I'm glad Albon is back, and I think he is getting better as well, and has long term potential. Danny Ric had a decent weekend, but it still baffles me how he hasn't come to grips with the car the way Lando has.