Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    When Carlos was on fire , I was asking him through the TV why he wasn't just turning the wheel to the left , to run the rear tire into the barriers .
    Maybe he'll look at a replay , and see it , for next time .

It was a fun race to watch .

Still hate the sprint .

2. Likes: airshifter (14th July 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    When Carlos was on fire , I was asking him through the TV why he wasn't just turning the wheel to the left , to run the rear tire into the barriers .
    Maybe he'll look at a replay , and see it , for next time .

It was a fun race to watch .

Still hate the sprint .
    I bet he is hoping there isn't a next time. I didn't realize he was that close to the barrier at the time, but thought the same about turning the wheel to put the car in the gravel, and just bailing. They could have dealt with the car in either position.

But I'm sure it's also easier for us to think about when we aren't in a car that is on fire.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I bet he is hoping there isn't a next time. I didn't realize he was that close to the barrier at the time, but thought the same about turning the wheel to put the car in the gravel, and just bailing. They could have dealt with the car in either position.

But I'm sure it's also easier for us to think about when we aren't in a car that is on fire.
    I thought of this too but I suspect the reason was that he isn't allowed because a marshal could have been already on the left rear of the car and he may not be able to see him. Plus by bringing a burning car closer to the barrier he's endangering anyone else that may be there.