Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Fairly crazy race start to finish. Zhou was the result of several cars not giving any room, but is lucky he seems to be ok. They should look at that tire barrier to fence issue though, and maybe see what can be changed there. One thing for sure, he didn't scrub off much speed once upside down. As is usual a few cars that did nothing wrong got mixed up in the mess. Sucks for Williams to have the new spec car trashed at the first race.

Once Max got the damage he might have cost himself with that stop thinking a tire was going down. Though he would have been a sitting duck to the fast cars the RB was still quick enough to fend off most of the midfield.

Ferrari blew it early on IMHO. It was obvious Leclerc was quicker and they let him waste his tires behind Sainz. It ended up coming back to them in the form of a race win, but only with the luck of the safety car involved and the split strategy favored Sainz overall. Hard to say how things would have played out without the SC for Ferrari, but Lewis would have had at least a shot at a win. I'm actually kind of glad that Sainz ignored the radio call to give Leclerc the gap, as it would have just hurt both of them in the long run. Glad he got his win as he really didn't do anything wrong other than being slower than Leclerc, who made his own issue pushing things early in the race.

Once the SC ended it was on up front. Too many passes, repasses, almost passes to keep track of almost. Lewis got the two for one pass and it looked like he might maintain a gap, but it was not to be. Both Checo and Leclerc were fighting hard and it made for some wild laps.

Considering how quickly things went south, RB had a good recovery. Perez got back up in the mix fairly quickly, and things worked out with the SC for him. Max minimized losses after the damage, but that extra stop probably didn't do him any good. Amazing to see both Haas cars in the points, and MSC as lead car. No real shock that Alonso and Vettel made it up into the points, but joined by a Norris who really had a good weekend overall.

2. Likes: Bagwan (3rd July 2022),Tazio (3rd July 2022),Whyzars (5th July 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Fun race. Glad to see Sainz get the win. I actually thought Hamilton was going to win it, not sure why his softs didn't work so well at the start. Hamilton still had a nice drive.

Perez had a very nice comeback drive after it looked like his day was ruined.

Nice to see Mick get his first points and Haas get double points. I just wished Haas tried harder.

Not sure what is Ricciardo problem - but Lando just keeps making him look like a wanker.

What I found annoying:

1. Ferrari's strategy - it always so hit and hope. Them telling Sainz to back off 10 car lengths on the restart was so comical.

2. Leclerc usual whining that I'm "faster" - do it on the race track and instead of depending on team orders.

3. Verstappen whining when anything goes wrong. He seemed that he really wanted to quit, but bringing 6 points is better than a DNF. Had he not panicked he might have been in the mix for couple places higher.

4. Stroll - just on the principle. He just rubbed me the wrong way last race when they were congrutlating him for getting points and all he could talk about was how bad the car sucked.

4. Likes: Mia 01 (4th July 2022)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Superior drives by checo, and the Boss

Fred.....brilliant.....simply brilliant!

Brilliant......simply brilliant!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

6. Likes: Bagwan (4th July 2022),N. Jones (4th July 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    And , nobody is talking about how Not so quick Nic kept it in a points paying position for much of the race , in the old version of the truck .
    Or , that he only lost two positions from his starting place , which was way more than was expected of that truck .

I really enjoyed Silverstone this year as I didn't know who was going to win until he did .
    I like that .

8. Likes: N. Jones (4th July 2022)
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Fun race. Glad to see Sainz get the win. I actually thought Hamilton was going to win it, not sure why his softs didn't work so well at the start. Hamilton still had a nice drive.

Perez had a very nice comeback drive after it looked like his day was ruined.

Nice to see Mick get his first points and Haas get double points. I just wished Haas tried harder.

Not sure what is Ricciardo problem - but Lando just keeps making him look like a wanker.

What I found annoying:

1. Ferrari's strategy - it always so hit and hope. Them telling Sainz to back off 10 car lengths on the restart was so comical.

2. Leclerc usual whining that I'm "faster" - do it on the race track and instead of depending on team orders.

3. Verstappen whining when anything goes wrong. He seemed that he really wanted to quit, but bringing 6 points is better than a DNF. Had he not panicked he might have been in the mix for couple places higher.

4. Stroll - just on the principle. He just rubbed me the wrong way last race when they were congrutlating him for getting points and all he could talk about was how bad the car sucked.
    Agree with most but some notes on a few:

I think Danny Boy is done. He has had flashes but looks so far adrift now.
    I read on planetf1.com that it seems every time Ferrari come anywhere near a Michael and Rubens from Austria 2002 situation they hang their heads and hope the situation goes away.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

10. Likes: airshifter (6th July 2022),truefan72 (4th July 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    And , nobody is talking about how Not so quick Nic kept it in a points paying position for much of the race , in the old version of the truck .
    Or , that he only lost two positions from his starting place , which was way more than was expected of that truck .

I really enjoyed Silverstone this year as I didn't know who was going to win until he did .
    I like that .
    I think Mick's position will help his career much more that Nic's position will help Nic.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I think Mick's position will help his career much more that Nic's position will help Nic.
    Yeah , but folks sometimes say nice things about Mick .
    It was an "it's about time" situation .

Did you see how positively freaked out the Willy boys were when Nic got into Q3 ?
    They really doubted that he had it in him , and perhaps still did , as it was wet , and timing can be everything .
    But , the race was dry , and he got through it all losing only two places .

That's a huge step up , and a confidence boost for him , and some belief for his team as he stepped up when his team mate went out .

Keeping that position for so long in the race means they must have found new direction in set-up that suits him . Hopefully , the new spec will suit him as well , and not set him adrift again .

13. Likes: airshifter (6th July 2022),N. Jones (5th July 2022)
    Yeah, they were happy. But like Stroll, he had more letdowns that surprises.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Agree with most but some notes on a few:

I think Danny Boy is done. He has had flashes but looks so far adrift now.
    I read on planetf1.com that it seems every time Ferrari come anywhere near a Michael and Rubens from Austria 2002 situation they hang their heads and hope the situation goes away.
    As for Riccardo I really like the guy, but something went south in a bad way since he has joined McLaren. Though I think Lando is a very good driver, I don't think he would have beaten the Danny Ric of old so easily and frequently. But I'm sure at this point his chances of staying at McLaren are growing smaller by the day.

Did you see how positively freaked out the Willy boys were when Nic got into Q3 ?
    They really doubted that he had it in him , and perhaps still did , as it was wet , and timing can be everything .

That's a huge step up , and a confidence boost for him , and some belief for his team as he stepped up when his team mate went out .

Keeping that position for so long in the race means they must have found new direction in set-up that suits him . Hopefully , the new spec will suit him as well , and not set him adrift again .
    Well I haven't had anything nice to say about Mick either!

At the end of the day though, I hate to see any of them fail in F1. I think it's much harder for the drivers that start and stay in a lower tier car. They have to somehow boost their confidence and stay positive and hope for the best from conditions, setup, weather, etc to let them make their mark and really stand out. And even the lowest level of drivers is really good compared to the majority of drivers, so it's not like they aren't talented.

But the reality is with such a small field, we all compare them to the guys at the very top of the game.

I'd actually love to see them both doing well on the team. It would be great to see a Williams rebound to bring them into the points on a regular basis.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

I think the decision has already been made on Latifi and he is losing his seat.