Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts

2022 - Race 10 British Grand Prix

Wolf says Mercedes has defeated porpoising.

Ferrari is challenging the FIA technical directive.

Should be a lot of drama in this next coming week...

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    It will be interesting to see the updates coming for many teams. Some are making claims of major updates, including Williams saying that they expect close to a second in performance. That seems like a stretch, but with every race the teams are gathering data that might point them in the right direction.

There is a chance of showers and light rain on both Saturday and Sunday, though not expected to be heavy. I'd like to see the race in changing conditions myself, as it levels the playing field quite a bit, along with who gets strategy right on setup and stops.

I expect the race at the front to be close, giving the edge to RB. But Merc might be able to pull themselves into it, and I hope they do. The real action will probably me more towards the midfield, and it seems that hub of cars has varied performance one race to the next. I'm sure they are all working hard to make changes and get it right, and hopefully they start clawing into the times closer to the front of the race.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Hopefully this will be a good race. I expect Mercedes to be very fast in the race but I think they'll probably be around the 4-6 tenths back in qualifying. A lot of it depends very much on the nature of the upgrades and how they work. I think RBR aren't bringing any upgrades to this race. 9 races down the the fight is between Ferrari and RBR.

At the start of the season I thought it was LeClerc's to lose and Ferrari have successfully lost it for him. I can't imagine them being able to come back into the fight now which is a shame for LeClerc because I think he is a better driver than Max and he deserves to be in a team that will deliver him the championship.

Piquets comments I regard as a bit of a nothing burger. Clearly the translation Piquet means was "guy" without any racial intent. To have him banned from the Paddock is nonsense in my opinion.

I still don't like these new rules. I don't think they have really brought anything to F1 and I don't think the races are more exciting than they were last year. It's good to see the FIA are doing something about the bouncing, it was crazy in Baku and all the teams suffered.

Interesting weekend ahead.

Liked 184 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    It's good to see the FIA are doing something about the bouncing, it was crazy in Baku and all the teams suffered.
    The teams will have two races to see where they compare to the "metric" the FIA has set upon and then in France it will be applied. Not sure why the FIA is not transparent and just release the metric to the public.

I will be interested to see who will be the winner and losers.

5. Likes: airshifter (2nd July 2022)
    Loads of updates on the cars, some subtle and some fairly easy to see. RB and Ferrari making changes to the intakes and sidepods, and Alpine with a major shake up. Williams also has a completely different package on Albon's car, I guess no sense in letting Latifi wreck one until it's tested. Merc have less visual change than most, but some subtle stuff.

With FP1 mostly useless, hard to say where the cars really are through FP2. Ferrari seems to have an edge on race sims, but it could well be that RB and Merc just missed the setup a bit more and will improve more tomorrow. Merc seems to have made progress on Ferrari and RB in the long runs, so they might have race pace. As for qually, right now it's really hard to say, but I think it seems to be tipped toward Ferrari.

Some more mid season reg changes with the fuel and now allowing changes to newer spec powertrain items in parc ferme. Both seems kind of out of line for mid season changes, but I'm sure there is some whacko reasoning behind them.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Harsh on Latifi , Air .
    He was a second off Albon , but that was in line with the prediction they had made about the package .
    And , since Alex is seen around the paddock as pretty handy with a car , "not so quick" Nic maybe isn't as bad as he seems .
    Both struggled , and one still does , with the first Willy spec .

Sorry , but I had to defend the Canuck this time .

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    'tifi ....like....zow!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

9. Likes: Bagwan (2nd July 2022)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    'tifi ....like....zow!!

"Not so quick" Nic goes through to Q3 .
    Well , how 'bout dat ?

And , that was in that "second slower" car .
    Really nice to see , and a confidence boost for sure .

Nice to see Carlos ponk it on pole as well .
    It was sketchy out there .

Hopefully , the Merc boys can make me some FGP points here .

11. Likes: airshifter (2nd July 2022)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    "Not so quick" Nic goes through to Q3 .
    Well , how 'bout dat ?

And , that was in that "second slower" car .
    Really nice to see , and a confidence boost for sure .

Nice to see Carlos ponk it on pole as well .
    It was sketchy out there .

Hopefully , the Merc boys can make me some FGP points here .
    And hopefully a good haul of points by Norris for fgp, and Fred for general principals.

May the forza be with you

13. Likes: airshifter (2nd July 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Harsh on Latifi , Air .
    He was a second off Albon , but that was in line with the prediction they had made about the package .
    And , since Alex is seen around the paddock as pretty handy with a car , "not so quick" Nic maybe isn't as bad as he seems .
    Both struggled , and one still does , with the first Willy spec .

Sorry , but I had to defend the Canuck this time .
    It must have been my smack talking him that brought him out of Q1 this session, with Albon out. My jaw hitting the floor gave him the further motivation to make it through Q2. You and your fellow Canadians can thank me in quality beer!

Quite the session, with surprising results all around at times. With conditions changing quickly it seemed that just when you thought certain cars and drivers were the ones to beat someone else would destroy their time and have a great lap. It still obviously looks to be RB and Ferrari at the top, but hard to say who might have the advantage in a dry race as is expected tomorrow. I actually hope the reds can get strategy right for a change and give Max a challenge for the win.

Norris has been driving well all weekend, and I imagine that him, Fred, and George might get interesting fairly quickly on track. I think Lewis will be in good shape to keep his position, and maybe even mount a challenge for Perez. Lewis seems to gel with the track and tire calls here, and Perez seems a bit off his pace at Silverstone, so it could create a battle this time around.

Beyond that group, hard to say who the movers will be. Track conditions caught out even the front runners, so race pace vs qually is up in the air.

Great to see Carlos finally plant it on the top step. Though he seemed as surprised as anyone, hopefully it gives him a confidence boost moving forward.