Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Carbon Fiber Parts

Hello Dear Members,

The racing season is at its speak, so best of luck to every racing enthusiasts. I have a question and it's one that's confusing me for a long time. Can I use large quantity of carbon fiber parts on my racing cars? These are old cars I have been using them for the last ten to fifteen years. Is there any drawback of it? Looking for senior's recommendation.

Thanks!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starc View Post
    Hello Dear Members,

The racing season is at its speak, so best of luck to every racing enthusiasts. I have a question and it's one that's confusing me for a long time. Can I use large quantity of carbon fiber parts on my racing cars? These are old cars I have been using them for the last ten to fifteen years. Is there any drawback of it? Looking for senior's recommendation.

Thanks!
    Waiting for someone's reply.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello Dear Members, redactle

Thanks!
    I also have the same question. Wat for the answer.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    I wouldn't , Gloria .
    I'd sell it .

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Supras are really going up in prices these days, best kept totally standard though.

I might sell mine if my ebook deal falls through.

6. Likes: Bagwan (29th October 2022)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Hey , speaking of carbon fiber , does anybody remember discussions about using hemp fiber for constructing the cars ?

Well , it seems the bagwan , in suggesting hemp as a possible alternative to carbon fiber , was way ahead of his time .
    I just read an article about how Japan's super formula cars are now using it in their chassis .

"Dubbed the ‘SF23’, the updated Dallara chassis will use new bodywork supplied by Swiss firm Bcomp that is made of a bio-composite material that maintains “the same rigidity and weight as the conventional carbon materials but focused completely on the application of natural substances such as hemp-derived materials,” according to the series.

By switching from carbon fibre to bio-composite, the reduction in CO2 emissions from manufacturing alone is said to be 75%. Following crashes when parts have to be replaced, this will also be a more sustainable method of providing spare components." -From Racefans site .

Cool , eh ?
    Last edited by Bagwan; 13th December 2022 at 12:14.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello Dear Members,

The racing season is at its speak, so best of luck to every racing enthusiasts. I have a question and it's one that's confusing me for a long time. Can I use large quantity of cfmoto accessories on my racing cars? These are old cars I have been using them for the last ten to fifteen years. Is there any drawback of it? Looking for senior's recommendation.

Thanks!
    Thanks all of you guys for suggestions. I was reading again this post and your replies.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Thanks all of you guys for suggestions. I was reading again this post and your replies.
    It would be pricy but l see no reason why not if you can afford it or manufacture it yourself. It would certainly give a noticeable weight saving with the benefit of strength. It also depends on where you are using it in the chassis. Carbon fiber for decorative purposes or for functional purposes if you get my drift. It is not very good for parts under heavy compression for instance. But it can tolerate some stress which is why it is used for masts in racing boats.

It comes down to a balance in cost over function l think. If you can afford it, you would be rewarded with a lighter but tough car l would say. Carbon fiber shell, seats, struts, frame components, wing mirrors, and steering wheel is very common in racing. You can reduce costs by using Glass and carbon fiber combinations where you can.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd August 2023 at 11:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare