Thread: Ferrari

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Ferrari

Never been a Ferrari fan but come on, it's about time they got some titles in the bag! Yet just like Ferrari manage to do so well they are managing to throw it away this year!
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

2. Likes: Bagwan (14th June 2022)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    It seems like for years Ferrari have been able to destroy it one way or another. I'd like to see them finally make it back stronger myself and once more be a top team.

There is only one thing that gives me consolation when their poor performance is mentioned. Their last WDC is Kimi! and their last WCC was with Kimi! on the team.

Things were looking good at the start of the season, but between Sainz and reliability they will need a real comeback to get in the fight for this year.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Just been discussing this with my brother.
    Some thoughts..

I've always found the reserved and introverted Binnoto to be a strange and unconvincing choice for a team boss but after Ferrari changed tack and have decided to stop firing people willy nilly.. I think they are likely to stick with him.

After the launch of what looked like a real title challanger, they have yet again been slow to develop, four races in before they brought any upgrades... meanwhile pointing the finger at Red Bull for developing too fast ??
    Also.. Not sure who their strategists are but compared to Red Bull, they are look very inexperienced, very strange calls and don't always seem to have a plan B or C in place for when something happens.

Obviously reliability is also hurting them but the reasons for that are not so apparent and possible for us to know.

What do you guys think their main issues are?

5. Likes: airshifter (30th June 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

What do you guys think their main issues are?
    Just like when Charles after the first 3 races was being crowned champion, it is a long season with what I think will be a ebb and flow. With Ferrari though it is combination of events that have come together:

1. They have a potential powerplant reliability issue. I am wondering if their problem is whether they are pushing their engines to far to extract performance. Or maybe it could related to the stiffness of their frame that transmits higher levels of vibration than their engine is designed for.

2. At times they make some bad tactical decisions. Though in Baku they were all over the VSC, unfortunately their engine reliability killed whatever possible drama there might have been. It possible instead of the boring Baku, if Charles didn't have the engine problem their could have been a massive battle at the end.

3. Mistakes by the drivers. Sainz and Leclerc have all made head scratching mistakes.

4. Confluence of bad luck - but with luck, in the end it always evens out.

7. Likes: airshifter (30th June 2022)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    It will be interesting to see where the Ferrari vs RB battle is at the British GP.

I think for now the reliability is the primary killer, but the car is fast. Sainz has had a tough start to the season vs Checo having a good run for the most part, but Max and Charles are in another class of drivers. And it seems with those two, either car is capable of coming out on top, if they can finish.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I've always been a Ferrari fan... Its hard! Its like being a Ducati fan in MotoGP, which I am... And a Chicago Bulls fans in the NBA, which I am too. Its always hard. Waaaay tooo haaarsh haha =[
    I dont think Ferrari will beat Max this year. Its probably going to be like last years. Redbull has the best car and a really amazing driver. They will everything until the new engine rules.

BMW and Toyota are coming back too? Heard that one yesterday