Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    'rari !

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    A lot of strange results due to strategy today, including during the VSC and safety car periods.

Alonso ended up being hung out to dry without having pitted, and then at the end gets nailed which drops him behind the Alfa Romeo cars. Ocon still had a decent race, though I'm not sure if he was holding up Fred and causing the wild defense trying to keep the position. Both the Alfa Romeo cars ended up doing well in the end. Both Mercs had solid drives, and for a change Merc made the right pit calls and took advantage when they could, resulting in a podium again. George got up to Lewis without much problem overall, but Lewis had the pace to stay ahead unless something went south. The great qually from Haas all went to crap really quickly for KMag, and took a bit longer for Mick. But Checo had a failure as well, and with the failure rate of the cars this year reliability could end up being a big factor.

Leclerc really kind of had his race go south with the DRS train and trying to get by the slower cars caught in the train. I think Ferrari might have had a chance to mix up strategy but all things considered he had a good race.

Up front, both Max and Sainz drove good races, and in the end it looked like Carlos might have a chance at the RB. But Max was wiley and just kept the gap when it mattered, and even with DRS couldn't quite hunt down the RB.

Overall not a bad race for Canada, but not one of the greatest either. At least the DRS didn't allow for too many easy passes, and it seems that setup choices are critical again.

3. Likes: Bagwan (20th June 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I was sad to see Alonso get clipped for weaving .

While it didn't look pretty from Bottas's on-board , the early moves looked like Fred looking to deny the tow down the straight to his rival , after a crappy exit out of the hairpin .

More than one move in the braking zone is not allowed , but did he move more than once when they got there ?
    I'm not so sure , but I guess I'll have to watch it again .

It was a fun race to watch .
    If either red car had grip out of slow corners , the bulls would have been in trouble .

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Lewis driving in third got a master class in how to defend against a car with newer tyres just after the safety car.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I was sad to see Alonso get clipped for weaving .

While it didn't look pretty from Bottas's on-board , the early moves looked like Fred looking to deny the tow down the straight to his rival , after a crappy exit out of the hairpin .

More than one move in the braking zone is not allowed , but did he move more than once when they got there ?
    I'm not so sure , but I guess I'll have to watch it again .

It was a fun race to watch .
    If either red car had grip out of slow corners , the bulls would have been in trouble .
    I think Alonso deserved that one. It reached a point where Bottas was close and gaining a two, and he was still moving. I'm not sure but I suspect it was the moving on the straight that really got him in trouble, as the corner entry move seemed fair. But nobody can say Alonso doesn't try hard!

And I agree on where Ferrari was in terms of limits. It just seemed the RB worked in the right areas to keep Sainz behind. I hope we see more of this cat and mouse game through the season, with Ferrari coming out on top some. And I think Merc has a real chance of getting back closer to the fight, and hopefully in it, as well.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's always a blast to reminisce about past races, isn't it? The Canada Grand Prix has had its fair share of intense moments. That battle between Hamilton, Vettel, and Leclerc in the previous race was definitely a highlight!
    Canada holds a special spot in my heart. I remember my first visit to Toronto – what an incredible city! I was so smitten that I eventually made it home.
    If anyone's still exploring Toronto, https://ontariosbest.ca/ is a gem for finding articles about the city's attractions and events. It's like your personal insider guide to the city.
    Last edited by Helopant; 17th August 2023 at 07:53.