Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakar 2023

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    From what Loeb wrote on his Fb post, seems he's going on big attack mode and he'll keep doing that. Probably to collect points for the Rally Raid Championship, which are given after every stage?
    Nothing to lose in the overall classification, after all.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    It's a pity driving in this lottery event prevents Loeb being able to do an event he is actually able to win (Monte).

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Every time I give into temptation and go to try and find results on the Dakar website it is so difficult to use and I just give up. The extended highlights on YouTube are good but can some please please sack the ridiculous commentator.

Gutted for Loeb as I’d like to see him win it once.

No idea how points system works, the whole event and championship seems quite complicated to me.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Every time I give into temptation and go to try and find results on the Dakar website it is so difficult to use and I just give up.
    same for me.Last year was excellent,you can do everything you want,compare drivers,to see who is faste from waypoint to waypoint etc.
    Also they delay a lot with news,interviews after stage end,and video highlights.

ACCIDENT AND EXIT FROM THE RALLY FOR STÉPHANE PETERHANSEL, CARLOS SAINZ AT A STANDSTILL | T1
    12:11

Stéphane Peterhansel has had an accident after 212 km of the day’s special. His co-pilot Edouard Boulanger has been injured by the impact leaving him with pain in the back. He has been evacuated by the Dakar medical team to the hospital in Buraydah to undergo further examinations. Mister Dakar’s Audi team-mate Carlos Sainz also suffered an accident at the same place. The team is unharmed and is waiting to repair their vehicle before attempting to resume the race.

AL RAJHI AT A STANDSTILL! | T1
    11:54

Previously third 1’48’’ behind Nasser Al Attiyaj, Yazeed Al Rajhi has ground to a halt after 216 km due to mechanical problems. The Saudi could suffer big losses in the general rankings.

footage from Sainz Peterhansel accident
    https://twitter.com/dakar/status/1611326727795478530

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    same for me.Last year was excellent,you can do everything you want,compare drivers,to see who is faste from waypoint to waypoint etc.
    Also they delay a lot with news,interviews after stage end,and video highlights.
    As far as I understand, they put the "live" part in a different website than the official Dakar one. It still could be better.
    https://www.dakar.live.worldrallyrai....com/en/car/6/

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    Every time I give into temptation and go to try and find results on the Dakar website it is so difficult to use and I just give up. The extended highlights on YouTube are good but can some please please sack the ridiculous commentator.

Gutted for Loeb as I’d like to see him win it once.

No idea how points system works, the whole event and championship seems quite complicated to me.
    I've always liked the challenge of Dakar so I'll follow it, but if I were new to it, I'd have a hard time getting interested.
    More than sack the commentator, I'd say whoever writes that script full of dad jokes
    I think that for Dakar they assign few points for each stage in the Rally Raid championship, since it's much longer than all the other events.

9. Likes: J4MIE (6th January 2023)
    Disaster for Audi today, with Peterhansel and Sainz out of contention. Al Rajhi as well, which leave Nasser with a huge advantage over teammate Lategan.
    Loeb overtook Dumas and Prokop, and because of the trouble in front is now 6th overall.

Nobody is within one hour from Nasser. Only 5 drivers are within 2 hours:
    1 Al Attiyah (Toyota)
    2 Lategan (Toyota) +1h 6'
    3 Moraes (Toyota Overdrive) +1h 13'
    4 De Villiers (Toyota) +1h 44'
    5 Ekstrom (Audi) +1h 46'
    6 Loeb (Prodrive) +1h 57'

1-2-3-4 for Toyota

@SebastienLoeb
    ·
    2 hours
    P2 today after a good stage overall ���� A little mechanical problem and a few small navigation errors but we still go back to 6th place overall ↗️
    Last edited by dimviii; 6th January 2023 at 16:09.