Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Liked 611 Times in 325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I always skip the "save the planet" part of the show (80% of the broadcast haha).
    Yeah there's something off-putting about people flying around the world in private jets telling me I need to act because cow farts are killing us.

2. Likes: pantealex (13th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Similar here here, mostly because i’m working a lot of the time during a rally. Being able to follow an event from start to finish isn’t really going to fit with most people’s lives, but the powerstage format on a Sunday is really perfect for live TV and the casual fan.

But are there any countries around the world where this is available for free on a main tv channel? In the UK we have live or strong highlights packages on major tv channels for F1, FE, Formula Sexist, BTCC.. so it’s not a motorsport issue.

Powerstage is an entertaining and spectacular tv product and the promoter should concentrate on getting this in front of as many eyeballs as possible to provide good value for the manufacturers and sponsors and to draw more people in to purchasing their All-Live product.
    I can't imagine a 90 minute power stage would work with 20 minute's worth of ad breaks. Promoter is happy selling the sponsors it has to the customers it has rather then giving it away. Don't forget there are WRC highlights on ITV4 too, just mid-week and now later at night.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    All Live is an OTT product (literally means 'over the top'). It's surely there for the hardcore fans.

It's still predicated on selling TV rights to broadcasters for the income that is derived from that and also the audience that comes from that to help justify the involvement of manufacturers and sponsors as well as governments paying for the events.

No different to F1's own F1 TV product. That's extra money, not the main source of income....
    F1 is a bad comparison; in a completely different league. But if that is how WRC Promoter is thinking, then it's not a surprise WRC struggles....I can't believe TV rights bring much money in for the WRC.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it (and lot of them will not do it anyway). Maybe it should be better to sell to TV only some stages, but do it in more proper way...

Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it (and lot of them will not do it anyway). Maybe it should be better to sell to TV only some stages, but do it in more proper way...
    That is what happens, isn't it?

Even in the event itineraries it clearly notes which stages are Live TV stages.

Seems to be maybe 4-5 per rally (including Power STage).

7. Likes: WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Liked 658 Times in 317 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    F1 is a bad comparison; in a completely different league. But if that is how WRC Promoter is thinking, then it's not a surprise WRC struggles....I can't believe TV rights bring much money in for the WRC.
    No one other than a hardcore / existing fan is ever going to watch or get sucked in by All LIve.

Same with other motor-racing. You think people get interested by watching a practice session or qualifying? No way...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I am not sure if it is really necessary to bring live from all special stages. If there is special stage at 7:00 in the morning, only hardcore fans will wake up to watch it
    7AM in Europe is some different time in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ...
    so it's not that simple...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    7AM in Europe is some different time in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ...
    There is a question how many hardcore fans is in Japan, Korea, Australia, NZ, Argentina, Mexico, USA ... I dont have numbers of viewers, so difficult to say. But early starts in WRC is going against the competitors and also against the spectators. It is (maybe) good only for TV...

12. Likes: pantealex (14th June 2022),WRCStan (13th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    No one other than a hardcore / existing fan is ever going to watch or get sucked in by All LIve.

Same with other motor-racing. You think people get interested by watching a practice session or qualifying? No way...
    I've noticed this year ITV4 have stifled the BTCC output to the final race of each series, where they used to do the full Sunday. This weekend they preferred to show 2 films from the 1950s. Don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Wouldn't even travel that far. Sunday in Estonia will kick of at 4:48am for us. Not going to happen, because I can catch up in my own time, but this is still a hardcore fan thing to do.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The BTCC has had the first two races on the main ITV channel; switching to ITV4 later in the afternoon.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

15. Likes: WRCStan (13th June 2022)