Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
There's not necessarily anything wrong with the events if the promoters responsibilities, commercial structure and regulations could be tweaked. To Adamo's points, I'd start there. Moreover, any change to events would be pointless without revolution here.

On the idea of 'Monzas' though, finish them with a single-venue Sunday rather than a power stage. Combine them with a World Rallysprint Championship on the Sunday. Co-drivers optional. Fly in your VIPs then. If travelling service parks make combining special stages and single-venues more feasible, do it.
I think there is some smart ... and some history in this comment

1- Super-specials, gymkhanas, circuit racing were all part of the rallies back in the 60s. Closer to us, the first day of the old RAC was "mickey-mouse" stages - lots of them but they wedre more or less inconsequential on the final result.

2- Which brings me to present : i like the idea of a sunday (which in any means is not a proper "classic" rally day as it is so short ...) devoted to easy-to-market, good-for-your-sponsors stages. Whether this is on a track (Nurburgring a good idea) a rallycross track or proper stages, have the cars come back to parc fermé between each run, with interviews etc ... Build up the finale. But ensure that this is only a small fraction of the overall rally and that the guy who is 3 minutes behind after a full 2 days of "real" SS has no chance of leapfrogging everyone ...

I neverr thought I could say something like that, but in addition to a proper filming, this may be whhat is missing to appeal to the riches (sponsors, manufacturers) and the masses.