Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ex Palmersport Clio 3 ECU Map

Hi All,

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have a 2008 Clio Cup Racer Gen 3 that was an ex PalmerSport car, I used for the odd trackday and blasts around the Nurburgring (just for fun). The car has recently been having starting issues with the fuel pump will not engaging and some other intermittent issues. Long story short we have narrowed down the issue to the ECU (not relays, fuses, lose earth etc). As it was PalmerSport it has a custom wiring loom and different ECU to the other Clio Cup Racers of that time. This one has a Cosworth Pectel SQ6 ECU which has been having some issues so I sent it to Cosworth to get it serviced and tested and they confirm the ECU hardware is good but the map files are corrupt. If the files can be replaced with a similar file then all should be well.

I never took a backup of the ECU software (don't have the skills, software etc) so have no file to give to Cosworth to get back in business.

So to my polite request. I know that PalmerSport sold around 12 of these cars in 2012 and I am aware that a bunch of them went into Rallying. I am hoping someone out there has one of these specific cars with the SQ6 ECU and would have a working and unlocked ECU map they would be prepared pass on so I can get my car back up and running.

Bit of a shot in the dark but any help is hugely appreciated.

Liked 330 Times in 184 Posts
    Hi

Can be a bit of a viper pit at times however still a few proper competitors left on the BR forum who maybe able to help:

https://www.britishrally.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Cheers

Chris

3. Likes: the sniper (29th May 2022)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cheers, will give that a go.