Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    'Zo was on the medium, and 'The Boss" was on hard. Fred worked very hard to keep life in his tires.

It was genius defense

Brilliant!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    When asked about how hard it was to Keep Lewis behind him , he replied with "Very easy , extremely easy ."

Then , when asked , he took off like a scalded cat .
    A very clever cat is Alonso .

"ETA: Seeing that Haas broken in half like that really had me worried for Mick. Glad he walked away from things after that. I suspect his days may be numbered if he keeps trashing so much hardware, at least I'm hoping so."
    -Shifter

That scared me for a few minutes , too , as they took a while before we got those startling pictures of the car in the first place .
    Then , when we did , having it in two pieces was a pretty jarring .

I really hope Mick can smooth it out .
    A wet Monaco is maybe not the best place to judge him , though .
    And , an Aussie stuffed it in there as well , in the dry .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    When asked about how hard it was to Keep Lewis behind him , he replied with "Very easy , extremely easy ."

Then , when asked , he took off like a scalded cat .
    A very clever cat is Alonso .
    This guy Fred, he is a rather clever fellow!

May the forza be with you

4. Likes: Bagwan (1st June 2022),Mia 01 (2nd June 2022)
    Sorry!!

6. Likes: Bagwan (1st June 2022),Mia 01 (2nd June 2022)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I really hope Mick can smooth it out .
    A wet Monaco is maybe not the best place to judge him , though .
    And , an Aussie stuffed it in there as well , in the dry .
    A wet monaco is perhaps the single best place to judge someone's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Yeah , you're right about that , and I should have been clearer in my point .

It's about him being the son of the "regenmeister" who won Monaco multiple times , and the extra pressure that brings with it .

More stuff goes on in my head than makes it to the keyboard sometimes .
    Sorry about that .

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Speaking of which:. I wouldn't be surprised if McMick, 'tifi, and 'troll are already toast. Well a little for Stro' considering pop's position

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Interesting the truth actually has come out why the race was delayed at Monaco, and it wasn't because of the weather. There was a loss of power to the starting lights. So the FIA delayed the start of the race in hopes to get it fixed, and ended up deciding there was too many risks of it not working so they started behind the safety car.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Interesting the truth actually has come out why the race was delayed at Monaco, and it wasn't because of the weather. There was a loss of power to the starting lights. So the FIA delayed the start of the race in hopes to get it fixed, and ended up deciding there was too many risks of it not working so they started behind the safety car.
    I tried to say about this at the time when you guys were getting upset with the race not starting.. I had written a big post but my crappy phone crashed before I could hit post.
    Apologies for not trying again after the reboot. :/

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    It's sad that yourself and Truefan feel that way.. and that Nitrodaze has pretty much dissapeared off the radar completely.
    A lot of us non fair weather fans have continued to enjoy the sport throughout the years even when our preferred drivers weren't winning... and also after the much prefered N/A's were canned.
    If you watched for the spectacle rather than who is or isn't winning you might learn to enjoy it again.
    Its always difficult being a Lattifi fan and I might have a grumble about some incidents but regardless of who wins, I nearly always enjoy it if the racing and spectacle has been up there... and it usually is.

Hang in there, you never know, Merc may well get back in the mix and start winning races again soon... and believe it or not... that's something I'd really love to see happening too... well as long as they don't become a dominant force again.
    It's nothing to do with Mercedes not winning. I am glad LeClerc is doing well as I am a big fan. I think he's one of the best drivers I've ever witnessed and I was watching him for a long time before he even entered F2. It's really due to what happened in Abu Dhabi. I find it very hard to watch a sport that not alone prioritized entertainment over fairness but also failed rectify their mistake afterwards. I've seen a lot of things in the sport over the years I can get over but was not in favor of, such as Karthikeyan being given a penalty in Malaysia when Vettel swiped across him and other stupid incidents or decisions from incompetent stewards. What I find very hard to swallow is an FIA official orchestrating a championship finish and the deserving champion losing out. If Verstappen had been leading in Abu Dhabi I would feel the same way, even though I am really not a fan of his. I'm still watching F1 but my love of it died a little last year.

As I said in the other thread, while DRS is still needed the new rules are a failure.