Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    With rain in the forecast I'm really looking forward to this race. It could come down to who puts the wet/dry tires on at the optimum time

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Actually not watching it. I find myself less interested in F1 these days. The new rules are a complete failure and there's a fake world champion.

There are red flags for scratching my mickey nowadays. Not the F1 I grew up watching.

It's sad that yourself and Truefan feel that way.. and that Nitrodaze has pretty much dissapeared off the radar completely.
    A lot of us non fair weather fans have continued to enjoy the sport throughout the years even when our preferred drivers weren't winning... and also after the much prefered N/A's were canned.
    If you watched for the spectacle rather than who is or isn't winning you might learn to enjoy it again.
    Its always difficult being a Lattifi fan and I might have a grumble about some incidents but regardless of who wins, I nearly always enjoy it if the racing and spectacle has been up there... and it usually is.

Hang in there, you never know, Merc may well get back in the mix and start winning races again soon... and believe it or not... that's something I'd really love to see happening too... well as long as they don't become a dominant force again.

3. Likes: airshifter (28th May 2022),Bagwan (28th May 2022),Mia 01 (29th May 2022),Tazio (28th May 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Actually not watching it. I find myself less interested in F1 these days. The new rules are a complete failure and there's a fake world champion.

There are red flags for scratching my mickey nowadays. Not the F1 I grew up watching.
    I get why you feel "there's a fake world champion" , but how are the new rules a "complete failure" ?
    I'm not sure we got much explanation for the Tsunoda red flag .
    Maybe a simple mistake , and maybe he should be removed , but the Monaco stewards are some of the best , so there might have been a legit reason .

Either way , it shouldn't be enough reason to tip you over the edge , Shirley .

As for "mickey scratching" , I'm glad they seem to have moved away from showing the driver "junk adjustment" as they stepped into the cars we've often seen in the last few years .
    I don't need to see that .
    That was something that almost made me stop watching .

As for the Perez crash , I think it saved Chuck from himself .
    He already had pole , and had every chance of stuffing it into the wall , potentially missing the race entirely .
    Checo did him a favour .

5. Likes: Mia 01 (29th May 2022)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Well that's two years in a row that we don't really know who might have banged out another quicker lap. I'm not sure if RB had anything for Leclerc, but they might have got Sainz IMHO. The reds seem well planted most of the weekend, so no big surprise they were up front.

Checo has been on fire this weekend, maybe being told to move at the last race really has stirred him up. Either way he's driving well, and will start in front of Max. I'd hate to see RB swap them on track, but tend to think it will happen if Checo is still 3rd after the pit stops.

Both Alpines and Mercs in the top 10, and Lando being Lando and pulling that car up the grid, as well as Seb doing what he could with that beast of a car.

I still don't get what triggered the red flag when Yuki hit the wall, but once it's out I guess they essentially have to respect it and restart.

Rain would be fantastic if you ask me. It might end the procession of cars on track when mistakes are forced, and pit strategies might come more into play as well. Let's hope.

As for the new rules, the cars are already within about a second of quickest qually, so hardly a failure in my book. It's inevitable that the cars will be slowed the first couple of years into new regs. And who knows, maybe they can actually pass on more tracks these days.

7. Likes: Bagwan (29th May 2022),Tazio (28th May 2022)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    New race directors just as bad as Masi. WTF is this??? Just start the race on inters and go from there. Why the delay? Why the formation lap? This is just stupid. Pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

9. Likes: Tazio (29th May 2022)
    They are just neutering the racing. They could have had at least 10 laps and things and positions would have changed as drivers would have actually passed etc. Then the red flag could have come. But they seem determined to not even have the opportunity for some racing in the wet and instead hope for a 70lap procession. This is just shambolic

11. Likes: Tazio (29th May 2022)
    WTF...........Why, why, why, why, why! This is so pubic!
    Just race dawgz

Lol look at RBR. Horner Marko and all with Verstappen. Nobody with Checo. These images say everything about how RBR run their team.

14. Likes: Bagwan (30th May 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    WTF...........Why, why, why, why, why! This is so pubic!
    Just race dawgz

Yup. It is a travesty. Probably not even going to see the end of the race IRT as i got places to be. Sun is now out and we are still not racing. What a fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yup. It is a travesty. Probably not even going to see the end of the race IRT as i got places to be. Sun is now out and we are still not racing. What a fiasco

This is pathetic. It's turned into a freaking sh#t show