Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    And stroll. The worst 2 drivers on the grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd like this twice if I could.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

5. Likes: truefan72 (29th May 2022)
    Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I will never watch a season without Monaco on the calendar.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

7. Likes: gm99 (29th May 2022),Tazio (29th May 2022),truefan72 (29th May 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Great job by Checo and Red Bull. if Checo can have another great weekend, then this could legitimately be a three-way title fight.

Alonso showed why Monico should not be on the race calendar. Just holding people up just because he could. The Monaco tv people were also having their usual issues. If Formula 1 does renew, I hope they make them pay, and take back the rights to producing the TV coverage. Miami really already proved just in their first year they can draw more celebrities and actually have racing. So if they choose not to renew - Miami is the new Monaco.

The rain tried to give Monaco a possible epic race - but the FIA soon fixed that by delaying, and delaying and delaying. Of course, they probably would have had to stop the race at some point when the heaviest cell came through, but it took away any uncertainty for the teams dealing with any strategy.

The only drama of course was Ferrari and their strategy. Nothing like Ferrari looking at a gift horse in the mouth and seizing defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't like Ocon much, but the 5-second penalty for wheel-to-wheel racing with Hamilton is just stupid.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I will never watch a season without Monaco on the calendar.
    Me neither... I totally get why some think its outdated but for me it has too much history, the sensation of speed is unparralled plus it offers something very different.
    Miami replacing it?.. No thanks.

10. Likes: Bagwan (30th May 2022),gm99 (30th May 2022)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Great job by Checo and Red Bull. if Checo can have another great weekend, then this could legitimately be a three-way title fight.

Alonso showed why Monico should not be on the race calendar. Just holding people up just because he could. The Monaco tv people were also having their usual issues. If Formula 1 does renew, I hope they make them pay, and take back the rights to producing the TV coverage. Miami really already proved just in their first year they can draw more celebrities and actually have racing. So if they choose not to renew - Miami is the new Monaco.

The rain tried to give Monaco a possible epic race - but the FIA soon fixed that by delaying, and delaying and delaying. Of course, they probably would have had to stop the race at some point when the heaviest cell came through, but it took away any uncertainty for the teams dealing with any strategy.

The only drama of course was Ferrari and their strategy. Nothing like Ferrari looking at a gift horse in the mouth and seizing defeat from the jaws of victory.

I don't like Ocon much, but the 5-second penalty for wheel-to-wheel racing with Hamilton is just stupid.
    'Zo was on the medium, and 'The Boss" was on hard. Fred worked very hard to keep life in his tires.

It was genius defense

Brilliant!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

12. Likes: Bagwan (30th May 2022)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I’m honestly shocked at the vile strategy of alonso and alpine. This is not racing. This is very shameful. Ot is like they are targeting Hamilton on purpose. For what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Give it a rest. Hamilton can play victim for himself, and it's not the first time to fail to understand why a racing driver (Alonso) would want to keep another racing driver (Hamilton) behind him. That's why it's called racing, and Alpine isn't in it for improving Hamilton's race.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

Ferrari did blow it without doubt. I'm shocked really that Leclerc pitted for inters when the track was drying up so quick. Though he had out driven Sainz this year, at least Carlos has the presence of mind to say it would be better to go straight to slicks. Though thy almost screwed up and pitted him too early, in the end it worked out for him.

As for the Ocon penalty, I didn't even see anything close to a penalty happen on track. I'm wondering if there was an incident they didn't show, or if they were just responding to the whining by Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    'Zo was on the medium, and 'The Boss" was on hard. Fred worked very hard to keep life in his tires.

It was genius defense

Brilliant!!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Yep, just Fred showing how easy it is to keep life in the tires and bring a possible advantage back his way if light rain came. When it looked like that was out of the question he used what he had left and took off.

Overall not a bad race for Monaco. I'd still a bit ticked off that they delayed so long, and they could have started the race earlier for sure. That one period might have stopped the race, but then again maybe they were expecting it earlier or longer. But it was enough delay that I'm glad I watched it later in the day so I could skip all that delay.

Happy for Checo. He's upped his game and though his spin yesterday might have changed the qually order, he made the best of it today when it mattered. Though it probably wasn't all that hard, he did at least have to defend towards race end, and did it cleanly and without drama. If he can keep it up long term it might be a three way title fight if Leclerc has any reliability issues or big mistakes in future races. But for now he's helping RB with good finishes and WCC points.

That snap by Sainz on the front straight was a good catch and nearly a race ending try if you ask me. That happened so quick that from the angle they were showing I thought there was contact at first. But good save.

Once the stops cycled, the usual Monaco nothing to see here race really. Alonso backed that whole field up and showed just how easy it is to keep someone behind. Russell was like a ghost, just quietly staying there in 5th with no drama and getting another top 5 finish. I guess Lando got close at the end but close doesn't usually work at Monaco. All things considered both Bottas and Seb had quiet drives for ending up in the top 10 as well.

ETA: Seeing that Haas broken in half like that really had me worried for Mick. Glad he walked away from things after that. I suspect his days may be numbered if he keeps trashing so much hardware, at least I'm hoping so.
    Last edited by airshifter; 30th May 2022 at 06:22.

14. Likes: Bagwan (30th May 2022),gm99 (30th May 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

As for the Ocon penalty, I didn't even see anything close to a penalty happen on track. I'm wondering if there was an incident they didn't show, or if they were just responding to the whining by Lewis.
    I went and looked at the FIA documents, it was in response to Hamilton whining.