Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 7 Monaco

Quick turnaround with Monaco.

Maybe the unluckiness of the DNF for Leclerc in Spain will reverse his luck in Monaco. Ferrari should have a significant qualifying advantage here.

The sleeper might be Mercedes here for the win. It is clear they made a significant jump this week. If they can somehow pull out a great qualifying lap, it could set the stage for them to get their first win of the season.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 23rd May 2022 at 01:09.

2. Likes: airshifter (23rd May 2022)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Merc made big leaps in Spain, and they might have a fair shot at Monaco. But the Ferrari cars sure do stick well out of the tight corners, and I'm sure Leclerc would like to win at his home race. With Max now in the WDC lead we know he isn't going to lay down either.

Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    We always seem to have the press activate the "should we be holding a race in such a place ?" debate when they go to Monaco , but all the drivers talk mistily about the history of the place , wanting to join those who have braved it .

I love it , myself , even though it's often a procession .
    Running close to the walls is essential , and cool as hell to watch .

Luck can kiss or kick anyone because of those same walls , so it can be a cruel place sometimes , but a few of them can make magic happen more than once , so it's not essential .

It exposes the essential truth that F1 drivers are , indeed , capable of staying inside the lines that denote the limits of the track , at least when you stick a wall and/or armco behind it .

We've got three teams , potentially , in the hunt now , which kinda rocks , as well .
    Mind you , if Lewis doesn't get over here soon so I can hack-saw at his nose stud , I cannot be held responsible for what happens .

5. Likes: airshifter (26th May 2022),Mia 01 (26th May 2022),Tazio (28th May 2022)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Bagwan,

I am also one of the ones who questions the course still being on the calendar, even those there are those aspects you speak of that makes me like it in a way. Those tight walls, the tunnel, the history are all great aspects and it's a tough course for the drivers. It's just the lack of real passing opportunity that dulls it for me.

I hope Merc can stay up in the fight with the updates. It would be great to see more cars that are capable. As for Lewis, I hope they just don't let him race if he doesn't comply. Nobody is bigger than the sport, and it's just a game to him.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Bagwan,

I am also one of the ones who questions the course still being on the calendar, even those there are those aspects you speak of that makes me like it in a way. Those tight walls, the tunnel, the history are all great aspects and it's a tough course for the drivers. It's just the lack of real passing opportunity that dulls it for me.

I hope Merc can stay up in the fight with the updates. It would be great to see more cars that are capable. As for Lewis, I hope they just don't let him race if he doesn't comply. Nobody is bigger than the sport, and it's just a game to him.
    I understand , Shifter , about the lack of passing , but it does happen , and has , though rarely in recent years , even though they couldn't follow closely with the wide wake .
    Now that's gone , it could improve a lot in places like the bus stop , for instance . There will be way more moves there , for sure I would think .

I guess some of my love for Monaco comes from that Senna on-board footage , and some from the "good old days" of racing with my buddies on a sim game that really had the scale right , and getting what I felt like was some of that same feeling of "running in a tunnel" all the way around , of which Ayrton spoke .

It's one of those first few races I ever saw on TV , on "Wide World of Sports" , as a kid on the couch , and it cemented the sport into my life .

Ask the Trophy wife what race is on this weekend and she'd reply with a "Monaco , baby!" , so she definitely has the bug , too .

Did I read that there's a forecast of rain on Sunday ?

That would mean that Latifi could "Maldonado" his way to victory tomorrow .
    Anyone could .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    What a stupid red flag. That marshal needs to be removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

10. Likes: gm99 (29th May 2022)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    What a stupid red flag. That marshal needs to be removed

Actually not watching it. I find myself less interested in F1 these days. The new rules are a complete failure and there's a fake world champion.

There are red flags for scratching my mickey nowadays. Not the F1 I grew up watching.

Ridiculous Q3 session. Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Actually not watching it. I find myself less interested in F1 these days. The new rules are a complete failure and there's a fake world champion.

There are red flags for scratching my mickey nowadays. Not the F1 I grew up watching.
    Yup