Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    everything you need to visit the stages are now online with google earth maps and access roads on the acropolis website.

Tomorrow i will visit the shakedown and ss11 and ss12 and will post what i found here... the stages seem to be rather boring for spectating but we will see if that is the case.

Around early september (1-2) i will visit the friday of the stages which look far better than those of saturdays.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Acropolis...of-Greece-2022

4 km was cut off from the end of SS5. There would have been a short worn tarmac bit. Quite boring stage actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://www.rally-maps.com/Acropolis...of-Greece-2022

4 km was cut off from the end of SS5. There would have been a short worn tarmac bit. Quite boring stage actually.
    yes ss5 is a worthless stage same as the saturday ones...

after careful consideration i decided to cancel my tomorrows trip to the stages... they are not worth the efford. I will just go through the fridays stages in september.

Do not really know why the organisers choose saturdays stages... they are uniteresting and bad from a specating point of view.

for this year i will just spectate the shakedpwn and fridays stages.

Liked 64 Times in 26 Posts
    The last 4 kms that were cut from the end of SS5 Dafni, are mainly gravel, barely some meters of old worn asphalt.
    I think you underrate this stage.
    It has quite a lot fast places for an Acropolis.
    Also before the cut of last 4 kms it had many places at the end, easily accessible from spectators from the main asphalt road above the stage.
    I do not know the reason of cut.
    But this way you make the spectators to avoid parking at the aforementioned main asphalt road, because the new stage end is too far away.
    Also the current stage end is a few hundred meters before the stage reaches the Monastery of Profitis Ilias.
    Maybe the priests did not want the noise of a fully attacking rally car.

But generally I agree that Saturday's stages are a bit of a surprise.
    Especially SS9 - SS12 Perivoli, despite it has beautiful landscape, it is boring.
    The other 2 are not bad, but without many places to spectate.
    At Saturday we usually expect.
    Pavliani.
    Gravia (the downhill version of Drosohori included last year).
    Karoutes (the whole original downhill stage, not the uphill portion of it that is included in the recent extended version of Bauxites).
    Even Kaloskopi or Stromi (is one stage but the name depends on where the start is) has something beautiful and classic to provide, the fir tree forest with Gkiona mountain at the background.
    None of them are included and I really miss them.

The best stage maybe is Livadia.
    But I would really like after 5.8 kms to continue to the west, out of Koronia village, at the current asphalt road that used to be gravel at old Evangelistria version.
    This asphalt road of about 6 kms is currently evacuation and spectator access road.
    Since I drove this part recently, I can assure you that it had so many places for spectators and also fast and flowing spots. With gravel tyres on asphalt, would have been fantastic.
    Now the stage at 5.8 turns to the south and after 6 more not spectacular kms meets again with the old version of the stage until the finish to the fir tree forest of Elikonas.
    Generally a very good stage with variety of road sections, accesses, spectators spots and landscapes.

Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Wanted to see if anybody had any ideas on where I could park so I could leave SS4 a little early?

I don't want to park on the access road if it is not allowed or will impede traffic (I don't know how wide that road is) Maybe park near that little village further North and walk to the start of the SS.

I fear that if I park in the designated area that I will be stuck for a long time till the end of SS4.

rally.jpg

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    I'd like to try the access road to that stage at 5.3 km in. Actually, I had that in plan already last year, but there was a queue of cars (there was one rough section where cars were getting stuck), so I decided to park on side and run for 2-3 km up the hill until I reached the stage. But there were hundreds of cars up there and many of them arrived later, so it WAS possible to get through. There's a lot of space so leaving earlier shouldn't be problem.

My plan is (so far) similar to yours: 2-4-6 for Friday. On SS 6 I'd like to arrive at 11.68km into the stage. On SS 5 (according to recce onboards) is a nice section of fast flowing bends in open area at 7.92 km, but according to the spectator guide, that access road is suitable only for 4x4 or Enduro bikes - anyone (NOT?) can confirm this? No chance with regular car? (well we should have some kind of SUV, but that doesnt mean much).
    Last edited by DoN_cz; 22nd August 2022 at 08:11.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugo_para_siempre View Post
    The last 4 kms that were cut from the end of SS5 Dafni, are mainly gravel, barely some meters of old worn asphalt.
    I think you underrate this stage.
    It has quite a lot fast places for an Acropolis.
    Also before the cut of last 4 kms it had many places at the end, easily accessible from spectators from the main asphalt road above the stage.
    I do not know the reason of cut.
    But this way you make the spectators to avoid parking at the aforementioned main asphalt road, because the new stage end is too far away.
    Also the current stage end is a few hundred meters before the stage reaches the Monastery of Profitis Ilias.
    Maybe the priests did not want the noise of a fully attacking rally car.
    The monastery is indeed the reason, they have some national monument status.

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Anybody knows if the road to the watersplash is really too hard for a Hyundai Tucson?

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    Anybody knows if the road to the water splash is really too hard for a Hyundai Tucson?
    Wouldn't risk it, even if it's a pre-2009 model.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig