Page 15 of 84 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Sébastien Loeb: "I kind of feel like I'm the last hope"
    Discreet throughout the summer, the M-Sport driver is entering a very busy period with a first event at the Acropolis. While he still enjoys the WRC, a full-time return seems unlikely.

Sébastien Loeb, you have competed in the Acropolis several times, but your last participation dates back a bit, right?

It's been 10 years. Already. (Laughs)

The Acropolis returned to the calendar last year, but the pilots will still have a certain knowledge of the terrain that you will not have...

Like always. However, I compared the courses of 2021 and 2022 and only half are similar. They will therefore have 50% of the specials to discover, i.e. 4 or 5 to take notes.

What do you remember from your last participation?

There are two sections that I have already done… a priori! My memories are very distant. It remains blurry and I mix them. (Laughs) Potentially, there are things that I will recognize as Bauxite because it marked me with its atypical profile. I've been there several times, but it still dates back to 2012.

READ ALSO > Sébastien Loeb's results at the Acropolis Rally

Did you try to work on the videos for the final edition?

I tried. I also searched my old notes to see if it matched with images from 2021 and it looks like it pretty much does. I will reuse them. I manage to watch the dash cams from last year, but I fall asleep after 15 minutes. I am, however, unable to view the videos of the organizer. There, it is after 4 minutes that I sleep!

Was it a challenge you enjoyed?

Yes. From what I have been able to understand, it is quite varied this year. There are still some brittle portions, but that has changed a lot. Ten years ago, it was already much less degraded than what competitors before me had experienced and it has improved even more. There were still well-identified places, but it was not a rally where you had to be sure. With the evolution of cars, suspensions and shock absorbers, this is even less the case today, especially since the roads have also been improved. Except in three bowls, there will be no management, we will have to attack.

https://www.autohebdo.fr/actualites/...ir-rallye.html

2. Likes: cali (8th September 2022),Corcaíoch (7th September 2022),Lead (8th September 2022),Rally Hokkaido (8th September 2022),seb_sh (8th September 2022)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Sick dog already on the road for Kalle!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Just a shakedown but Toyotas didn’t look particularly good and Loeb having problems with engine and did just two runs
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,460 Times in 834 Posts
    Is it 3 minutes intervals tomorrow or 4 minutes?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 116 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Just a shakedown but Toyotas didn’t look particularly good and Loeb having problems with engine and did just two runs
    Loeb's Engine problems are just games being played. M-Sport is going ALL in with Loeb. I think every M-Sport driver will be asked to do anything, if it has a chance to make Loeb's result better. Everyone, even Breen.

7. Likes: cali (8th September 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Negaiss View Post
    Loeb's Engine problems are just games being played. M-Sport is going ALL in with Loeb. I think every M-Sport driver will be asked to do anything, if it has a chance to make Loeb's result better. Everyone, even Breen.
    Maybe, or maybe MSport reliability is shit.

9. Likes: cali (8th September 2022),Eli (8th September 2022),meh (8th September 2022),pantealex (8th September 2022),steve.mandzij (8th September 2022)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Negaiss View Post
    What kind of games?

11. Likes: cali (8th September 2022),EstWRC (8th September 2022),pantealex (8th September 2022)
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Shakedown was shit... I really cannot understand what the organisers were thinking.

The only good thing was that you could get very close to every car before the start and talk to the drivers.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    Shakedown was shit... I really cannot understand what the organisers were thinking.

The only good thing was that you could get very close to every car before the start and talk to the drivers.
    I can only imagine the conversations you had with "potato dog" and the others

14. Likes: cali (8th September 2022),EstWRC (8th September 2022),pantealex (8th September 2022),steve.mandzij (8th September 2022)
    Liked 98 Times in 52 Posts
    I hope will have a good rally, fingers crossed for Ott, he needs a good result here a podium maybe but i thing Loeb can make it and win this rally.He benefits from starting order and if he have a good Friday then he will control the others.
    R.I.P.Colin Mcrae