Page 77 of 84 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    This is what I never liked. To have different champions betwen driver and codriver...
    And having the wrong different codriver crowned. Enni Mälkönen won when the rules as they are written are actually applied.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    And having the wrong different codriver crowned. Enni Mälkönen won when the rules as they are written are actually applied.
    How?

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    We had a really good rally this year!
    Shakedown and SS1 on thursday were nice. Good atmosphere at the stadium!

Friday we did Harvati first, than Loutraki 2, few minutes by car, perfect!
    Left Loutraki 2 after the WRCs and made it just in time at Livadia and after that also Bauxites with a very good spot at the final corners. Excellent day!

Saturday 3 stages, Perivoli 1, Pyrgos 2 and Tarzan 2. Good spots, but not as good as fridays
    Sunday 2 stages, first Elatia-Rengini at the watersplash and than the powerstage.

Before the rally we were convinced next year we would choose Sardinia next year instead of Greece, but not sure now after this weekend. Photos will follow later!

4. Likes: dimviii (12th September 2022),NOT (12th September 2022)
    Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Video from Leg3 final day of Acropolis Rally,Subscribe to our channel for more videos!
    https://youtu.be/h683G9ufCak

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    How?
    OK let me get my tie on and a peg on my nose.

Double points in Greece should only apply to the driver and they haven't nilled off one poor co-drivers round in the standings. Hoy and Korhonen have more points than Armstrong and Joona, should that make any sense? Unless I'm missing something, like Malkonen being a senior which shouldn't be a problem, I guess they have a secret clubhouse reason to crown Hoy. That's fine, it's how it goes, we've been here before and if she's not bothered, I'm not.

FIA are yet to publish their version of the standings though.

7. Likes: AnttiL (12th September 2022)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    and the most important after-rally topic is ready to be opened for you

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...river-ratings/

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    For once I'd give Sordo much less, like 5/10. Long time since he was so slow vs others on gravel.

Same with Katsuta, he had 40s slower time on gravel stages than a Rally2 car. 2/10

Breen 5/10 max, but that's just a detail.

Surprised he gave Greensmith so little, I'd even consider giving 5/10.

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Back from the rally. We made a wise move and booked ourself an accommodation in Loutraki for one night, so we didn't have to drive the mega long road section so early on Friday morning. Saw SS 2/4 (Loutraki) and then moved to SS 6 (Livadia) by the powerplant (tip by NOT). Unfortunately our rental car had a puncture over there, so we arrived quite late and couldn't pick the best viewing spot, but still a nice place. On Saturday we took it easy and just did SS 9/12 (Perivoli) twice, with lunch, regroup and service in between. Sunday on Elatia at the watersplash. Have to say, Loutraki city is so much nicer than Lamia... Wouldn't mind if the rally moved over there in the future.

But could someone explain me the thinking of Greek rally fans? This happend on every stage: as soon as there is somebody trying to cross the stage between cars, all the greek people suddenly go very hysterical and begin shouting, whistling etc. Even though you are at a place where you can see/hear the car for kilometers before they reach you and you know, there are 3 minutes intervals. And at the same time you see other Greek people standing in the most stupid places, taking selfies in hairpins and nobody cares. Was quite fascinating.

11. Likes: cali (12th September 2022),MartijnS (12th September 2022),seb_sh (12th September 2022),WRC1 (12th September 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: dimviii (12th September 2022)
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoN_cz View Post
    But could someone explain me the thinking of Greek rally fans? This happend on every stage: as soon as there is somebody trying to cross the stage between cars, all the greek people suddenly go very hysterical and begin shouting, whistling etc. Even though you are at a place where you can see/hear the car for kilometers before they reach you and you know, there are 3 minutes intervals. And at the same time you see other Greek people standing in the most stupid places, taking selfies in hairpins and nobody cares. Was quite fascinating.
    its tradition... no hard feelings.