Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subarurally View Post
    Rally 2 guide supposed to be out today? Would love some updated maps of the stages to figure out where to park etc..
    submission for entries deadline was on friday., i guess we are going to have some upadates on the website this week or the next...

2. Likes: subarurally (7th August 2022)
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Rally Guide 2 is listed on the website but is password protected...

Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    Rally Guide 2 is listed on the website but is password protected...
    It’s annoying for us fans with a carrot dangling in front of us….
    Some events you can get the info for.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts

6. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2022)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    - Expected Ogier to do more rallies now that his circuit program seems to be reduced.

- no Solberg in Rally2

- no Kajetanowicz which is kinda weird. He did it last year and imo had better chances for good results here than in Spain. Does he plan to do both NZ and Japan then? (He can wait to see Mikkelsen and Rossels results in Ypres and Greece and then see if it's worth going to Japan).

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    - Expected Ogier to do more rallies now that his circuit program seems to be reduced.

- no Solberg in Rally2

- no Kajetanowicz which is kinda weird. He did it last year and imo had better chances for good results here than in Spain. Does he plan to do both NZ and Japan then? (He can wait to see Mikkelsen and Rossels results in Ypres and Greece and then see if it's worth going to Japan).
    Ogier is not that much of a surprise for me, some medias told he could increase his rally program but he was pretty clear he wouldn’t do more than NZ + another one which is probably Japan.

Kajto is a bit more surprising indeed because, even if he does NZ+Japan, it might not be enough for the championship (depending on PS points also): Mikkelsen may win Belgium+Acropolis and even if he is only 2nd in one of them, Kajto is absolutely not sure of winning in NZ against Paddon when we took a look at what Paddon did in Finland. So clearly risky to do it with only 6 rounds; maybe we will see him in Catalunya (as the cars his team rents come from a Spanish team, so maybe it’s a bit less expensive) but I would have seen Acropolis most efficient for him.

Some other surprises IMO:
    - 6 M-Sport is a bit surprising to me with the shipment for NZ-Japan;
    - no Joona in WRC-3 Open (even if registered in Junior) whereas he has one round remaining and win was pretty easy there.
    - Mikkelsen and Bulacia are registered as Team for Toksport whereas Toksport I has already used 5 rallies + Belgium where they are registered as such from my understanding; so normally, they shouldn’t be able to make another rally as Team.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 10th August 2022 at 13:45.

9. Likes: pantealex (10th August 2022)
    Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    individual stage maps are now available onthe website, but no info on access points yet.

Its a nice entry list.

sometime after the 20th of august i will visit some stages and will report on the places i found and where they are.

The plan is to go through shakedown, loutraki, harvati. livadia, pyrgos and perivoli... i will not go through the whole of the stages just a few kms from them in order to see the spots i already spotted though the youtube recce videos...

Friday stages are very interesting, saturday stages are complete dog shit from a spectators point of view, sundays stages are good also but i will not spectate sunday. Just wish that saturday and sunday were reversed as stages go.

11. Likes: subarurally (12th August 2022)
    Thanks for this NOT.

I still think my plan is:
    Thursday: SSS1

Friday: SS2-4, SS6
    Wanted to park somewhere near the start of SS2-4 and maybe just hike up a bit past the start line. Should be able to park somewhere in that little village?? Probably leave SS4 after half the cars come through to make it to SS6 in time.

Sat: SS 10-13?
    I have no idea on what to do Sat to maximize how many stages I can see. It really looks difficult to see more than 2 stages with the drive time, unknowns of the roads, parking etc. We are not spectating on Sunday.
    Last edited by subarurally; 12th August 2022 at 20:46.

Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Thanks for this NOT.

I still think my plan is:
    Thursday: SSS1

Friday: SS2-4, SS6
    Wanted to park somewhere near the start of SS2-4 and maybe just hike up a bit past the start line. Should be able to park somewhere in that little village?? Probably leave SS4 after half the cars come through to make it to SS6 in time.

Sat: SS 10-13?
    I have no idea on what to do Sat to maximize how many stages I can see. It really looks difficult to see more than 2 stages with the drive time, unknowns of the roads, parking etc. We are not spectating on Sunday.
    Why not SS7 on Friday? This way you will not be in rush.

Parking used to be easy around Loutraki stage, I do not think this have changed.

For Saturday, I believe we must choose one of the stages and just stay there for the two passes. Then spend the day in the service park.

My schedule is similar to yours. SS1 and then stay overnight into Loutraki stage for both passes and then SS7.

14. Likes: subarurally (13th August 2022)
    Yeah we are doing similar...

SS1 then driving to stay in Loutraki overnight. Get up early and do 2&4.

We were going to do SS7 but our Airbnb wont let us check in real late on Friday night so we gotta be in Lamia at a reasonable time.