Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Besides, Kimi is a moore natural gifted driver than Alonso. Could be that take a drive in ferrari again. He is their last champ after all.

2. Likes: airshifter (3rd August 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Iīm sure you donīt belive me but me I`M sure that aqlready a few teams have had talks woth Kimi this year.

4. Likes: airshifter (3rd August 2022),Bagwan (3rd August 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Besides, Kimi is a moore natural gifted driver than Alonso. Could be that take a drive in ferrari again. He is their last champ after all.
    Iīm sure you donīt belive me but me I`M sure that aqlready a few teams have had talks woth Kimi this year.
    I wouldn't be shocked at all that teams in F1 and/or other motorsports have talked to Kimi. And though I think he was one of the most talented at a young age, I don't take anything from Alonso either. Different styles for sure, but both fast on the track, even now. And I'm not one to forget that Kimi brought Ferrari their last WDC.

After all I did say....

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    It's Formula 1. We can always expect something we never expected. Kimi to Ferrari again.

As for Alpine, it seems they managed to lose two big talents in two days. They acted as if they had the upper hand in both cases, but it appears not. From what I've seen they had an option on Piastri until the end of July. I guess they assumed he didn't talk to anyone else and was a sure thing.

Though the rumor mill is leaning towards some type of move for Ricciardo and Piastri to McLaren, on the assumption that Piastri wouldn't turn down Alpine without a seat already secured. I'm not so sure myself. Money often talks, and Haas, AT and Williams all have some open seats for 2023 the best I can figure. He might have opted for "any ride" vs no ride in Piastri's case.

Alpine punked themselves hard, and they might be scrambling to pick up scraps....

6. Likes: Mia 01 (5th August 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Silly Season has just gotten even sillier - Alonso is leaving Alpine after saying it would take a 10-minute conversation to confirm his Alpin seat. He is now moving to Aston Martin for the 2023 and 24 seasons.

Alpine then announced they are promoting Piastri - but they forgot to take their option on Piastri that was due August 1, so now Piastri is a free agent. Piastri says he is not going to Alpine.

Mclaren is rumored to be after Piastri and needs Danny Ric to move somewhere else on his own, or they must pay him a bunch of money.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Silly Season has just gotten even sillier - Alonso is leaving Alpine after saying it would take a 10-minute conversation to confirm his Alpin seat. He is now moving to Aston Martin for the 2023 and 24 seasons.

Alpine then announced they are promoting Piastri - but they forgot to take their option on Piastri that was due August 1, so now Piastri is a free agent. Piastri says he is not going to Alpine.

Mclaren is rumored to be after Piastri and needs Danny Ric to move somewhere else on his own, or they must pay him a bunch of money.
    A little late to the news are we?

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Like zow Mia, I guess we forgot how badly Fred punked Kimi when they were both at Ferrari
    Sorry to have to remind you.
    I wish Kimi would come back also.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    May the forza be with you

10. Likes: airshifter (4th August 2022),Mia 01 (5th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Like zow Mia, I guess we forgot how badly Fred punked Kimi when they were both at Ferrari
    Sorry to have to remind you.
    I wish Kimi would come back also.

True enough Tazzy, a crap year for Kimi and Fred punked him badly.

Now who is the last Ferrari WDC?

The silence out of McLaren leads me to think that Piastri probably had a seat. But it's hard to say.

Williams and Albon had some fun with announcing that he will be driving for them in 2023, poking fun at the Piastri announcement.

https://twitter.com/alex_albon/statu...29547006111749

12. Likes: Mia 01 (5th August 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    A little late to the news are we?

by a few minutes

14. Likes: airshifter (10th August 2022)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Cut it out 'air, Felipe Baby damn near won the wdc in the rig the next year.

May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Cut it out 'air, Felipe Baby damn near won the wdc in the rig the next year.

At least Felipe came close to the WDC in a Ferrari, just like Fernando did. But Fernando and Felipe took the same number of WDC wins for Ferrari. And Felipe and Kimi managed a couple WCC's with Ferrari as well. Maybe they should have just never hired Alonso!

McLaren now seem to be admitting they have released Danny Ric, but no real word on who is taking what spot as it appears McLaren want to secure him a seat and avoid buying out his contract. Haas has announced they are postponing any contract talks with Mick, and though some don't agree they might want a chance to grab Ricciardo if the price is right. It's fairly save to assume that Piastri will be with McLaren.... but maybe not.

17. Likes: Mia 01 (6th August 2022)