Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 5 Miami

New venue. In Miami. Who knows what to expect? Just hope the race goes off - there is a lawsuit from some residents saying they will have PTSD if the race goes forward (must be Mercedes fans).

They have filed a lawsuit trying to stop the race. The judge is waiting for the city to issue permits to allow the race to go forward before hearing the case.

A judge has told a group of Miami Gardens residents that they must produce evidence of why the upcoming Miami Grand Prix would mean they’d “suffer actual injury” from noise levels.

The judge did rule

The Miami Grand Prix racing event is moving forward as scheduled after a judge declined to grant relief to neighbors who claim they could suffer hearing damage, cardiac complications, and a generally unpleasant weekend amid the roar of Formula 1 cars near their homes.
    Judge also told them they should consider just staying inside that weekend or wear earplugs.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...-prix-14343554

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    I hope they can inject some of the Miami atmosphere into the track. The location is just kinda meh and would have been so much better if they could have managed to get it near some of the wealthy play den locations.

It looks like the track might be a good mix of turns though. Though it's flat and the terrain sucks, the mix of turns along with the new track surface might make for some really interesting setup options. The monster straights of course don't want much downforce, but there is enough tight stuff that it might make up the top speed deficits by setting it up for more downforce. Either way I hope this is a track that has potential to remain long term, and at least compare somewhat to COTA in level of racing quality. I know that's a big ask for a new track, but it wasn't really that long ago that COTA came to life, and they did a great job.

Onboard video hot lap simulation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ClFm6hdGQk

Will be a 20-30% chance of rain each day in Miami. Could be a Sochi moment on Sunday.

Btw, the Miami Grand Prix has sold out at 240,000 tickets sold for the Sunday race. The organizers are already planning on expanding capacity in future races.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 5th May 2022 at 03:49.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    In the past i was exited when it could rain. Today i only expect safety cars, red flags and races stopped prematurely.

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    In the past i was exited when it could rain. Today i only expect safety cars, red flags and races stopped prematurely.
    I hope it doesn't end up that way at all tracks, but with current safety protocols it seems to be going more that way. I always liked a race with changing conditions myself, but so many of the new tracks don't leave much room for error.

The fake marina at Miami is just lame. They could have at least packed it full of offshore boats since there are so many in that area. They have an area that has a lot of history in offshore racing boats, and is known as "Thunderboat Alley" and other such names. Some wild machinery came out of that area.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I don't want to speak prematurely but Merc are looking a bit better in FP1 IMO.
    Could they have got a handle on their issues and finally be competative this weekend.. or will they still be a second off the pace come Q3?

A 3 way battle would be nirvana....

8. Likes: airshifter (8th May 2022),Bagwan (7th May 2022),Mia 01 (7th May 2022)
    Liked 787 Times in 584 Posts
    Lewis should be a lot faster without all the jewellery .

10. Likes: Mia 01 (8th May 2022),Tazio (8th May 2022),Zico (8th May 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Lewis should be a lot faster without all the jewellery .
    I thought I read someplace that he was prepared to sit out this weekend if they didn't let him wear it. Can't see Merc being very impressed with his petulant antics. Has he backtracked?

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I thought I read someplace that he was prepared to sit out this weekend if they didn't let him wear it. Can't see Merc being very impressed with his petulant antics. Has he backtracked?
    No, formula 1 rolled over and gave him waivers for his jewelry.

“I got an exemption here,” Hamilton explained after today’s qualifying session. He made it clear he does not intend this to be a temporary arrangement, adding: “I’ll get [an] exemption for the rest of the year.”

13. Likes: Zico (8th May 2022)