Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sgr View Post
    Toto groveling to Hamilton at the end of the race was pathetic.
    I read that Hamilton's car was a few grams heavier , so that's obviously why he was so much slower .

Where's Nitrodaze when you need him ?

Seriously , though , Hamilton's eye's are probably below the dash on the bottom of the bounce , whereas Russell's vision perhaps isn't interrupted as much as he's much taller in the saddle .
    George was also driving a handful of a Willy car last year , and maybe can use his experience of that bronco to tame this one .

Any way you look at it , though , it was ugly .

2. Likes: Mia 01 (26th April 2022)
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I read that Hamilton's car was a few grams heavier , so that's obviously why he was so much slower .
    How much faster could he have been had he followed the rules and removed his face piercings?

4. Likes: Bagwan (27th April 2022),pantealex (28th April 2022)
    Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Overall not a bad race for the track, but the slow drying kept it a one line track for quite a while. Without DRS people weren't taking too many chances getting off the dry line much. The one exception to that being Perez on Leclerc. Even the the tire temp difference and disadvantage Leclerc had, Perez seemed to make that move look almost too easy. And that pass might have been important for both drivers, as Leclerc finally made a mistake when pushing to catch and pass Perez. So the first real costly mistake from the WDC leader shows that he is still human and dealing with the pressure. He was lucky to not trash the car and recovery the points he did, so I'm sure that will be a good reminder not to push too hard all the time, especially when leading the points standings already. Every point counts for the title, but that goes both ways.

Sainz on the other hand just can't get a break. The contract extension done, he is promptly tapped by Danny Ric enough to put him stuck in the gravel. I'd agree racing incident with no real major errors, but I was really hoping to see Carlos in a more upbeat and positive mode after the contract thing. Oh well, I guess that will be at least next race. I hope he can find his mojo and drive well enough to challenge Charles through the season.

Though the start made it all too easy, a good race for Max and Perez overall. Sergio really seems to have found a better place with the car this year, and TBH I with Leclerc hadn't made the mistake as I wanted to see the two of them battle on track. A positive weekend for the team, but only time will tell if the reliability gremlins have been taken care of properly.

Lewis is just a mess right now. But then again to be fair, he got lapped last year at this track as well, so maybe that got in his head. But he struggled all weekend with the car, while George just seemed to get on with business. Amazingly right now Merc are still 3rd in the WCC, but you wouldn't know it watching the cars on track. The poor qually sessions and sprint left them in trouble for the race, and though George finished much higher he still couldn't do much on track. Being in clean air and cars in front of him going out of the race helped him quite a bit, but then again he was in the better position to benefit from those things. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the year if George gets a real upper hand on Lewis. The Toto butt kissing session at race end was just pathetic IMHO....

....and speaking of pathetic, who in the world wants to watch Lewis try to pass Gasly for the 15th lap in a row, especially when there is other stuff going on in the race? I understand and appreciate that at times the best "race" is not at the front, but they skipped other action on track to continue following it. Lame. On the up side, the helmet cam views are much better at the daylight tracks, but they didn't seem to show them often.

Great drive by Yuki and KMag, and both Aston Martins make it into the points.

This race had 8 different constructors in the points! So it does looks like the trend is that as the cars settle to the new regs, things might stay mixed up a little more. I thought the DRS at this track was way too strong, most passes were too easy. On the other hand the new aero regs at least allow the cars to battle and stay close lap after lap.

On to Miami!