Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

F1 Announces Las Vegas for 2023

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...vUhKhm4V8.html

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...4ukNvnHcK.html

The circuit will pose a unique challenge to the drivers, as it winds its way past iconic locations like Caesars Palace, the Bellagio and the Venetian.
    I don't know how good of racing it will be, but it will look awesome on the strip at night.

It is a good location because Las Vegas is easily accessible by air for Americans. Plus it will get all the celebs from LA to come out.

Guys at work are already considering doing a trip out to see it.

2. Likes: donalsmith (7th April 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    To be honest, I'm really less than excited about this. I watch F1 primarily for the racing, and though the atmosphere of the track and surrounding area can add to the spectacle, it is primarily the track that makes for good racing. And the track layout looks fairly horrid to me. They could have added a lot more character and made the track more diverse but for the most part it's a lot of straights and a few corners. Even adding some 90 degree corners and jogging over a block of two would have been much better.

I'll reserve my final opinion until they race there, but I'm not expecting to be surprised by anything really.

I'm sure the off track atmosphere will be great and it will pull in a lot of big names. It seems that a lot of people just love Vegas. Having lived a few years just about 3 hours from there, I'm not one of them. I rarely went, and spent much longer drives going elsewhere.

4. Likes: donalsmith (7th April 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    To be honest, I'm really less than excited about this. I watch F1 primarily for the racing, and though the atmosphere of the track and surrounding area can add to the spectacle, it is primarily the track that makes for good racing. And the track layout looks fairly horrid to me.
    It is hard for me to judge whether it will be good racing or not, but from some of the podcast on F1 that I listen to, they actually thought it would bring good racing and were fairly excited about it. So I'm hopefull.

6. Likes: donalsmith (7th April 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    The question is , though , whether it will out-draw the camel races ?

8. Likes: donalsmith (7th April 2022)
    Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The question is , though , whether it will out-draw the camel races ?
    I thought they'd banned cigarette advertising

10. Likes: Bagwan (7th April 2022),donalsmith (7th April 2022),gm99 (10th April 2022),Whyzars (8th April 2022)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Many features of the proposed layout of the Las Vegas street circuit look similar to the Phoenix street race course. After all, both areas feature perfectly square city blocks. This is just another businessman attempt to bring F1 to a place where there are already large crowds, instead of bringing the crowds to a good race track. USA has many nice racing road courses, but this one is not one of them.

12. Likes: donalsmith (7th April 2022)