Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    A bit of a perfect storm this year with some 'names' having moved on and Lukyanuk out with the Ukraine situation. Solans is maybe the benchmark now as the former JWRC & WRC3 Champion.
    Solans did only two events now and has no budget for further plans. Lukyanuk is not out because the Ukraine situation, his absence was almost sure before the war (of course this was didnt helped).

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    Quite strange because Fotia was in Pirelli with CHL in his 2 ERC rallies last year and he was supposed to be the replacement for Franceschi in Renault/Toksport main spot this year (and Franceschi used Pirelli last year).
    I’ve taken a look and it seems Fotia is funded by Michelin which could be the real reason.

But clearly I don’t like this tyre rule in low categories (in main class, it’s already questionable but in low categories, I found it quite dumb in the a category which is not pick-and-drive). Clearly the winner of this situation is Pellier who clearly has the best pedigree in ERC4 Junior even if Mabellini can be dangerous with his consistency.
    If he converts the try, it could be an incredible U-turn for Pellier; almost nowhere and close to retirement in 2020, not able to fund a 2WD French program in 2021 and finally, thanks to a «*clever*» move in e-rally championship (set aside the question of the electric rally cars, I’m talking about the cost-effectiveness), he could reach an almost fully-funded JWRC season in 2023 by winning 2 championships with small competition and not a big investment.
    Reason for Fotia not in ERC Junior is really because he is competing with Michelin tyres. I must say I understand this tyre rule in low categories like juniors, because this is helping with funds for the prize for winner. I dont understand it in higher categories...