Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Stroll is a complete nutjob. This is like the millionth time he turns in on a driver. Tbh neither stroll nor latifi should be in F1. It is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The two worst drivers on the grid collide and cause another red flag - I've said it before and I'll say it again - there must be quality control in F1. If you cause three red flags in a year then your license must be revoked as you're clearly not ready for F1. Stroll was to blame there 100% - he turns straight into Latifi then blames Latifi for driving into him - classic Stroll. 2 red flags in a day. Clown.

Completely on Stroll, and another display of two clowns in action. I don't know why we have people like this in the sport really.

I don't really like that they decided so late to change the DRS zone. That impacts the way teams might set things up, and really it's probably just as unsafe to change something late in the game.

Alonso was on a mission, and that was one heck of a lap going until the car let him down. I think he might have stuck it in the top 5 at least. Good to see both McLarens up in the top 10, though Danny Ric is still looking ordinary compared to Lando. Though Sainz did have a big twitch that messed up one lap, it seems he doesn't have the grip on the car this weekend the way Leclerc does. Alpine should be able to stay up in the points as well, and the Merc drivers should be able to hold their own at least.

With the tires acting the way they have been, hard to say how strategies play out. Anyone that runs long might get the luck of the safety car, and with tires heating up slowly the overcut strategy might be a possibility as well. Looks like it should be a decent race up front at least, and I hope the midfield has some action as well.

2. Likes: truefan72 (11th April 2022)
    Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Shame for Mc'Zo, he was on a real cracker!
    May the forza be with you

4. Likes: airshifter (11th April 2022),N. Jones (10th April 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Leclerc was untouchable. Starting P1 had not been a good starting position historically (I believe only 1 out of the last 8 races have won starting 1st).

Russell had a nice race with w/some luck. Albon gets a point for Williams.

Terrible races for Sainz and Verstappen.

Stroll now has 8 penalty points.

Will Aston Martin score a point this year?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    A fairly mundane Albert Park race. Nothing special.

LeClerc is the best driver I've seen arrive in F1 in many years and it's no surprise to me to see him making the most of a brilliant car Ferrari has a provided him. I fully expect him to become champion this year.

Unsure what Lewis was bitching about on the radio. His post race explanation doesn't add up either about the engine overheating. That doesn't put him in an awkward position- that's the life of a racing driver. Man up, suck it up. Saying things like that to the team that are responsible for providing you with a car with which you won 6 WDC's just makes you look like an idiot. Asking if there's a point for 10th place in Jeddah made him look like a fool as well as he knows full well there's a point for 10th. Great showing from Russell so far in that Mercedes. He's beginning to look every bit the driver I always thought he was.

Zero sympathy for RBR. You reap what you sow. Max shouldn't be champion so I couldn't careless what reliability issues he suffers this year.

Happy for Albon as well to get that point for Williams.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 10th April 2022 at 15:25.

7. Likes: WUff1 (10th April 2022)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Unsure what Lewis was bitching about on the radio. His post race explanation doesn't add up either about the engine overheating. That doesn't put him in an awkward position- that's the life of a racing driver. Man up, suck it up. Saying things like that to the team that are responsible for providing you with a car with which you won 6 WDC's just makes you look like an idiot. Asking if there's a point for 10th place in Jeddah made him look like a fool as well as he knows full well there's a point for 10th. Great showing from Russell so far in that Mercedes. He's beginning to look every bit the driver I always thought he was.
    Well the Broadcast gave you half of the communication. The team told him to essentially hold station as he was closing in on Russell. I understand Hamilton's frustration, but I also fully understand the team's position. It was unfortunate timing for him. But p3 and p4 along with the lead in the WCC is more important at this moment. there are 20 races to go and I'm sure the opportunity and luck will come his way too

As for Leclerc, things are looking real good right now, but it is still early so let's see what happens.

Zero sympathy for RBR. You reap what you sow. Max shouldn't be champion so I couldn't careless what reliability issues he suffers this year.
    yup. Besides, they have nobody to blame but themselves, specifically the packaging of the car.
    As it is right now, it is fast on the straights but ultimately unreliable. Perez finesses the car much better than Verstappen and I wonder how long RBR is gonna let him "outshine" their golden boy.
    In typical RBR fashion, I expect Perez's car to start experiencing difficulties soon. Lol

Happy for Albon as well to get that point for Williams.
    It was an epic drive and a well deserved point.
    Imagine if Williams had another competent driver in the other car. There are literally a dozen drivers not currently driving that are light years more talented than latifi.
    Besides, I can't forgive him for Abu Dhabi stupidity that ultimately cost Hamilton the title.
    The guy is just useless
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I thought it was a decent race for Albert Park, as I usually consider it mostly a snoozefest. I'm not sure I like taking away the slower stuff on some of these tracks though, even with the new cars making more high speed stuff doesn't guarantee good racing.

Leclerc clearly dominant today. Max couldn't really even challenge at all, and I think even if he did manage to get past it would be lost again within the lap.

Perez seems to have upped his game as well. Though Sainz blew it in qually and had a crap race, Checo is at least staying in touch. Maybe he's gaining confidence these days, or the new cars suit him a little better. The failures seem to be following Max, but maybe that's just due to pushing the car harder. Either way, I'm sure it's going to get spicy within the teams if the number two drivers end up staying ahead of the number 1 drivers for long. The drama will be real.

Good on McLaren to hold their own. And ​8 different manufacturers in the top 10 today! This is what I hoped the new formula might bring, though I'd be more happy if more could have chances at the front. Merc held their own, but on overall pace it seems mostly due to the fact that RB struggled vs Ferrari, and no real gains towards getting faster it seems.

I didn't quite get the moaning from Lewis either. It was late enough in the race that they usually tell them to hold station regardless of if they had any car problems. George got lucky with SC timing and it could easily go back the other way. If Lewis had any chance of challenging for 2nd they probably would have switched them around.

Great to see Williams score a point with Albon. I think he was treated poorly by RB and is much more deserving of a ride than several that are or have been on the grid. I hope Williams can continue to find holes in the backfield and score some points.

Also a note I forgot.... I guess the F!TV coverage now uses mostly the Sky feeds but adds some split screen exclusive stuff here and there. And I'd be more than thrilled to have the commentary of Croft and Brundle gone, if it didn't include Will Buxton. The guy is a wannabe who acts like an expert, and he just runs his mouth in circles IMHO. If he keeps it up it might make me long for the Sky duo again, and I hate that easily excitable exchange they have.