Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - Race 3 Australia

So it looks like Australia will come off. Supposedly sellout tickets sales.

They are in the midst of another Covid wave - did Australia just decide they are going to try and live normal lives now? Or is this one still at risk of being canceled? Let's hope there is not going to be a late cancellation.

It would be nice to see a third different racer wins this race.

Australia supposedly has made changes to the track.

Mercedes I have heard is coming with a new floor and rear wing for Australia - so big wildcard there for this race.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I would be great to see another driver rise to the top. Even better if that driver was from a team other than Ferrari or RB. Not that I really expect that, but it could happen.

Merc have been fairly vocal about expecting the floor and wing for Albert Park. I think most others have only spoken of more minor upgrades, but some just uncertain as to the expected times for new parts to arrive. Right now it's still Ferrari out in front, but due to the RB reliability issues at the first race Merc and RB are only 1 point apart in the WCC if I remember correctly. The best of the rest are still fighting hard as well, and maybe Seb will make it to the race...... depends on if anyone fell for the numerous April Fool's pranks, one of which was that Seb retired.

And this will be the first time we've seen the changes to the Albert Park track. Several key corners widened, which was designed to allow more passing opportunities. The entire track has been repaved, and the pit lane widened as well. With the new cars and track changes, it might end up being a different kind of Albert Park race. I sure hope so, the new car opportunities look promising to me.

4. Likes: Bagwan (3rd April 2022),Tazio (4th April 2022)
    Australia has added a 4th DRS zone, but there are only two detection points. There are some concerns that by not adding a third detection point, it might actually hinder fighting back.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Australia has added a 4th DRS zone, but there are only two detection points. There are some concerns that by not adding a third detection point, it might actually hinder fighting back.
    This answers the question of whether the rule changes are successful or not. If we need 4 DRS zones they are clearly a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This answers the question of whether the rule changes are successful or not. If we need 4 DRS zones they are clearly a failure.
    I don't know that adding the 4th detection zone is really about the rules this year. The anecdotal evidence from the first 2 races seems to indicate they may need to actually reduce DRS.

The adding of the 4th zone seems to be more knee-jerk reaction from the racing past years at this track that doesn't account for the rule changes.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Ferrari looking dominant through FP2. Merc still struggling badly, and a couple minor other changes in the order.

Ferrari getting more porpoise bouncing than most, but still fast as crap. It does seem the frequency is more controlled, but towards the higher speeds still a lot of bounce. There was a great shot of IIRC the Haas showing the suspension/floor action during the porpoising in super slow motion.

FIA removes the 4th DRS zone. Looks like it helps RBR as it allows them to dominate that sector more.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Stroll is a complete nutjob. This is like the millionth time he turns in on a driver. Tbh neither stroll nor latifi should be in F1. It is a joke
    you can't argue with results.

11. Likes: airshifter (9th April 2022),Tazio (9th April 2022)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    The two worst drivers on the grid collide and cause another red flag - I've said it before and I'll say it again - there must be quality control in F1. If you cause three red flags in a year then your license must be revoked as you're clearly not ready for F1. Stroll was to blame there 100% - he turns straight into Latifi then blames Latifi for driving into him - classic Stroll. 2 red flags in a day. Clown.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 9th April 2022 at 13:15.

13. Likes: airshifter (9th April 2022),Tazio (9th April 2022),truefan72 (11th April 2022)