Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 495
  1. #471
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Posts
    623
    Like
    159
    Liked 75 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J. View Post
    Totally agree. A full container between Europe to NZ has increased by 500% since Covid, and that's by sea freight. No idea what air freight is but I'm sure its exorbitant.
    So unless your the son of an Italian fashion mogul, or have some very generous sponsors, the trip down to this part of the world isn't cheap.
    I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the FIA helped finance getting Hayden Paddon's new Hyundai WRC2 get back to NZ, as they needed to make sure he was on the start line in the latest equipment from a PR point of view to bring in the crowds.
    Kaj Lindström told in an interview that the air freight for cars had risen but not that much. But the ticket prices for personel had skyrocketed.
    "San Romolo opettaa"

  2. Likes: EstWRC (4th October 2022),Maui J. (4th October 2022)
  3. #472
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,352
    Like
    7
    Liked 582 Times in 274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J. View Post
    Totally agree. A full container between Europe to NZ has increased by 500% since Covid, and that's by sea freight. No idea what air freight is but I'm sure its exorbitant.
    So unless your the son of an Italian fashion mogul, or have some very generous sponsors, the trip down to this part of the world isn't cheap.
    I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the FIA helped finance getting Hayden Paddon's new Hyundai WRC2 get back to NZ, as they needed to make sure he was on the start line in the latest equipment from a PR point of view to bring in the crowds.
    I think it was WRC Promoter, not the FIA.

    The FIA don't use their own money for anything.

    I think WRC Promoter actually helped financially most of the international competitors. They did for Kenya too.

  4. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2022),Co-driven (4th October 2022),EstWRC (4th October 2022),lancia037 (9th October 2022),Maui J. (4th October 2022),Tom K (4th October 2022),TWRC (4th October 2022)
  5. #473
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    664
    Like
    408
    Liked 444 Times in 226 Posts
    How soon after a barrel-roll is it appropriate to ask the driver for a photo in front of the wreckage?


  6. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2022),Corcaíoch (4th October 2022),dimviii (4th October 2022),eib1 (5th October 2022),Eli (4th October 2022),EstWRC (4th October 2022),flat_right (4th October 2022),Jarek Z (4th October 2022),jiipee64 (5th October 2022),KiwiRallyFan (5th October 2022),lancia037 (9th October 2022),Maui J. (4th October 2022),pantealex (10th October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (10th October 2022),seb_sh (4th October 2022),steve.mandzij (4th October 2022),the sniper (5th October 2022),TWRC (10th October 2022)
  7. #474
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    24,571
    Like
    9,365
    Liked 15,581 Times in 6,758 Posts
    haha Gus found the courage to smile too.

  8. Likes: Jarek Z (4th October 2022)
  9. #475
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    864
    Like
    439
    Liked 100 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I think it was WRC Promoter, not the FIA.

    The FIA don't use their own money for anything.

    I think WRC Promoter actually helped financially most of the international competitors. They did for Kenya too.
    Yes, you're right.
    Ha, ha. Of course it wasn't the FIA. What was I thinking?
    Last edited by Maui J.; 4th October 2022 at 23:35.

  10. #476
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    7,920
    Like
    3,756
    Liked 2,866 Times in 1,499 Posts
    Ha, ha What a great photo! Gus seems happy. Someone send it to Malcolm
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  11. Likes: dimviii (4th October 2022)
  12. #477
    Senior Member Eli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,115
    Like
    2,510
    Liked 1,133 Times in 660 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/paddons-p...zealand-route/

    Almost 400kms like in 2012, we can only dream at this point.
    If in doubt, flat out!

  13. Likes: AndyRAC (10th October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (10th October 2022),the sniper (10th October 2022)
  14. #478
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Timaru NZ
    Posts
    436
    Like
    107
    Liked 297 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Well for those in our part of the world we have Bathurst and Shayne Van Gisbergen again to
    Look forward to next weekend
    Another full day in front of the TV screen and watched SVG win one of the greatest touring car races in the world then wake up this morning to learn that Hayden Paddon has won the TER championship Life is good for Kiwi motorsport followers
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

  15. Likes: AndyRAC (10th October 2022)
  16. #479
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Exmuhle.....
    Posts
    5,053
    Like
    2,092
    Liked 1,040 Times in 581 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Another full day in front of the TV screen and watched SVG win one of the greatest touring car races in the world then wake up this morning to learn that Hayden Paddon has won the TER championship Life is good for Kiwi motorsport followers
    For me SVG is the best 'all round' driver in motorsport at the moment; quick in everything he drives......

    Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

  17. Likes: cali (10th October 2022),Maui J. (11th October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (10th October 2022)
  18. #480
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,082
    Like
    0
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    For me SVG is the best 'all round' driver in motorsport at the moment; quick in everything he drives......
    Still Loeb is the best.

  19. Likes: pantealex (13th October 2022)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •