Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: Berke (2nd October 2022),cali (2nd October 2022),Eli (2nd October 2022),Jarek Z (2nd October 2022),Katvala (2nd October 2022),Maui J. (3rd October 2022),TWRC (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I guess it was easier for Rovanperä to aim for fastest time instead of fourth in the power stage.

Two bad rallies didn't shake him at all. Very good drive.

Sent from my Takapalk.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

4. Likes: cali (2nd October 2022),Rallyper (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Only shame is we can’t see the podium celebrations and him being the world title, I doubt anyone will beat this record for quite a while.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Congrats to Kalle and Jonne and to you Finnish fans and friends.
    The greatest rally nation in the world finally got their new champion. What a day to celebrate. New national day for Finland parallell to 6th of December?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

7. Likes: cali (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    What I find interesting is that Toyota struggled massively in Greece, Hyundai struggled here....but Puma was near the top on both rounds. Just that the car (Greece) or drivers (NZ) aren't reliable.
    Looks like the Toyotas and Fords (slightly less) are better in the stages with higher average speeds and probably higher cornering slide speeds. Hyundai appears to be better with slower speed stages with slower slides. NZ winner average speed Toyota 99.9 km/h and Greece winner Hyundai average speed 84.7 km/h

9. Likes: dimhcs (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Q:
    If you could go back to the pace on Friday – Saturday it ebbed away. Is there a reason why?
    OT:
    We were having some transmission troubles again on Saturday and since we already had one in Greece, we did not have anything to put in and we had to make it to the finish. We had to manage it as good as possible so we did not lose too much but that’s how it was.

Full press https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-k-rovan...world-champion
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: AnttiL (2nd October 2022),cali (2nd October 2022),TWRC (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Congrats to Kalle and Jonne and to you Finnish fans and friends.
    The greatest rally nation in the world finally got their new champion. What a day to celebrate. New national day for Finland parallell to 6th of December?
    The WRC crown goes to Finland after a 20-year break! Congratulations!!!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

13. Likes: cali (2nd October 2022)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Not sure I'd call two 4th times on a rally with low entry and lots of retirements as "quick".

But I agree that this and Ypres is what he needs to be doing to advance in his driving. Drive at good but safe pace and learn, instead of pushing every stage and having a moment on every second.

Just as in Ypres it also shows he is not (yet?) an asset in manu fight and he should not be. The whole idea of using him as nominated driver is wrong and adds unnecessary pressure. (Which is obviously lifted since mid season as manu title is decided, but in Monte it's there again).
    Totally agree. I was thinking that maybe being good at rally cross is creating additional pressure on him to be instantly good in wrc, while I think at the moment he should put less pressure on himself, be humble and learn a bit and he'd be fine.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    A quite brilliant rally win by Kalle on a new event with very tricky conditions. It showed his true skill and bravery.

And to do this with the pressure of the chance of clinching the world title proved his mental toughness at this young age.

A very worthy new World Rally Champion and the scary fact that he will only get better !

16. Likes: Eli (2nd October 2022),Jarek Z (2nd October 2022),Maui J. (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Amazing season and win for Kalle. Also a great moment in WRC history. I remember this year's Monte when he was really struggling with new gen cars, I was thinking "yeah, this might be too soon" and here we are now. What a force and I don't see this trajectory changing soon unless Tanak gets a better car or somehow Hyundai magically gets their stuff together for next season. Congrats to Kalle and Jonne and for all the Fins for getting theyr title back:]

18. Likes: Eli (2nd October 2022),Jarek Z (2nd October 2022)