Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Greensmith crashed 5/10, Breen crashed 2/10

He might as well be using Tarot cards

2. Likes: cali (3rd October 2022),Corcaíoch (3rd October 2022),dimviii (3rd October 2022),Eli (3rd October 2022),Jewy46 (4th October 2022),pantealex (4th October 2022)
    Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    Great to have Rally NZ back. Big congratulations to Kalle, what a talent and so young. We always talk about will Loeb's 9 titles ever be surpassed...could this be the start of that. He's got a 8 year head start!

Shame about the weather over the weekend, we had beautiful blue skies and dry roads leading up to the rally, but that's what rally is all about...can't make it too easy for them.

Huge crowds, which was great to see. There seems to be a great underlying interest in rallying from all walks of the NZ public, it always surprises me when people mention rallying in this country completely out of the blue. It must all come from the days when Rally NZ was as regular part of the championship. I bumped into a lot of people I knew on the stages that I had no idea were interested in the WRC. It was great.

Improvements for next time...even out the kilometres between day one and two. It was a bit lopsided. Increase the overall km, it was a little short. Open up more spectator spots per stage to thin the traffic.

Great weekend. Let's do it all again.

4. Likes: AndyRAC (4th October 2022),cali (3rd October 2022),Corcaíoch (3rd October 2022),dimviii (3rd October 2022),Eli (3rd October 2022),EstWRC (3rd October 2022),Hartusvuori (4th October 2022),J4MIE (4th October 2022),Jarek Z (3rd October 2022),KiwiRallyFan (3rd October 2022),Lead (3rd October 2022),Rally Hokkaido (10th October 2022),seb_sh (3rd October 2022),steve.mandzij (3rd October 2022),the sniper (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    Greensmith crashed 5/10, Breen crashed 2/10

He might as well be using Tarot cards
    It's the relative level of the drivers. You would expect more from Breen than from Greensmith. Also, Greensmith has crashed only once before this season.

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maui J. View Post
    Improvements for next time...even out the kilometres between day one and two. It was a bit lopsided. Increase the overall km, it was a little short. Open up more spectator spots per stage to thin the traffic.
    And a better entry list!
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also, Greensmith has crashed only once before this season.
    So he should get much worse score then, we expected Breen to crash, not Greensmith! :P

8. Likes: WRCStan (3rd October 2022)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Yeah but he found something after those two awful days in Monte and has been almost unstoppable since then.
    Sounds more like a setup thing or found a specific wat to handle that "rocket". Those 2 days are just a tiny bit of the overall season and this rocket was 2nd in Monte in the hands of Ogier. Kalle found out very quickly the ways to tame the Yaris.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    He had problem with use of regen delivery but he sorted out

10. Likes: cali (4th October 2022)
    Liked 82 Times in 58 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Yes, I think so.

We can only speculate, for actual comparing we need to put them to the same car.

It's not maybe "raw speed", but maybe even more important argument - we (at least I) don't know Kalles's development and setup skills. He got "out of the box" ready rocket to drive.

But Kalle is a huge talent. Literally grown up behind the wheel. He is so young and can fill all the "its better to have experience" stuff with time.

I just hope we don't have one-man-show in the WRC in coming years and that's why I hope that Tänak continues.
    Let's hope Tanak can continue with Hyundai or (dream) Mr. Toyoda desire to see the comparison directly with his cars

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    And a better entry list!
    The problem with New Zealand is that, while it looks a great event, it’s also a long way across the other side of the world from most teams. Shipping charges are through the roof these days.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    The problem with New Zealand is that, while it looks a great event, it’s also a long way across the other side of the world from most teams. Shipping charges are through the roof these days.
    Totally agree. A full container between Europe to NZ has increased by 500% since Covid, and that's by sea freight. No idea what air freight is but I'm sure its exorbitant.
    So unless your the son of an Italian fashion mogul, or have some very generous sponsors, the trip down to this part of the world isn't cheap.
    I read somewhere a few weeks ago that the FIA helped finance getting Hayden Paddon's new Hyundai WRC2 get back to NZ, as they needed to make sure he was on the start line in the latest equipment from a PR point of view to bring in the crowds.

14. Likes: EstWRC (4th October 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    And a better entry list!
    Agree, it was a bit thin.
    There were an additional 40 odd 'National' cars running behind the WRC event cars that didn't make it on the results list on WRC.com or eWRC-results. Some of these cars would've been eligible for the main event (some not, as they were too old) but then there's the additional expense of using the mandatory P1 racing fuel. Only a handful of the local drivers choose to do this.

16. Likes: AnttiL (4th October 2022)