Liked 60 Times in 28 Posts
    Vote now! https://strawpoll.com/polls/eJnv7E4EWgv Your pick! OVERALL
    Voting closing 30.09.2022 / 00:10 EEST

Vote now! https://strawpoll.com/polls/1MnwvJYp1y7 Your pick! POWER STAGE
    Voting closing 02.10.2022 / 05:00 EEST
    http://www.youtube.com/user/svstock
    Events: http://svstockdigital.blogspot.com/
    Rallyfan Discord https://discord.gg/yVqYv2q

2. Likes: pantealex (28th September 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

4. Likes: AnttiL (27th September 2022),Eli (27th September 2022),pantealex (28th September 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    This is one of my favourite rallies but dunno, the itinerary is weird to me. Mega long friday, over half of the distance already and of course with no service and what is this Sunday with such a short stages? Like a sprint.

so only 3 drivers out of current bunch have been competing here previously - Ogier, Neuville and Tänak but that was 10 years ago and with such a different type of machines. Ott said in the betsafe blog that he basically doesnt remember anything from that year.

If it rains my money is on Tänak, has nothing to loose and im sure he will go flat out since the beginning, if it stays dry then of course Ogier.

Anyway, cant wait, such a amazing stages and its gonna be long sleepless nights.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: AndyRAC (27th September 2022),AnttiL (27th September 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    This is one of my favourite rallies but dunno, the itinerary is weird to me. Mega long Friday, over half of the distance already and of course with no service and what is this Sunday with such a short stages? Like a sprint.

so only 3 drivers out of current bunch have been competing here previously - Ogier, Neuville and Tänak but that was 10 years ago and with such a different type of machines. Ott said in the betsafe blog that he basically doesn't remember anything from that year.

If it rains my money is on Tänak, has nothing to lose and I'm sure he will go flat out since the beginning, if it stays dry then of course Ogier.

Anyway, cant wait, such a amazing stages and its gonna be long sleepless nights.
    Long sleepless night, as you mentioned the Saturday & Sunday are mostly a Joke, I honestly don't know why they did the Saturday so short (Sundays with 30kms~ has become pretty much the norm unfortunately), could've given us at least another 40kms, as someone previously mentioned here, most of us fans are from outside Oceania, and we're staying up all night anyhow to see the culmination of the title fight. Really hope that they manage to renew the contract for 2023 and that the rally will be another 100-130 kms longer, cause honestly it's a shame to go through all this effort just to see barely 280kms.

For now, it seems the rain has shifted to Saturday, really, really hope they won't have technical issues (or punctures for that matter) and it will be a straight fight between Tänak & Rovanperä from beginning to end.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: AndyRAC (27th September 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Rally New Zealand 2022

Saturday route had some last minute change. I assume the short Komokoriki stage is a last minute substitution for a longer stage or the leg was supposed to have a fourth stage.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Sleepless nights, now some may realise what motorsport followers in this part of the world live with when following WRC. ERC F1 F2 DTM And Indycar etc

11. Likes: pantealex (28th September 2022),steve.mandzij (28th September 2022)

If it rains my money is on Tänak, has nothing to loose and im sure he will go flat out since the beginning, if it stays dry then of course Ogier..
    This. And if it's dry it's really difficult to guess who comes second.

Now the forecasts are giving only very slight rain on Thursday and just a little bit more on Friday. I doubt it will be enough to cancel the sweeping effect.

Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    This is one of my favourite rallies but dunno, the itinerary is weird to me. Mega long friday, over half of the distance already and of course with no service and what is this Sunday with such a short stages? Like a sprint.

so only 3 drivers out of current bunch have been competing here previously - Ogier, Neuville and Tänak but that was 10 years ago and with such a different type of machines. Ott said in the betsafe blog that he basically doesnt remember anything from that year.
    Most of the itinerary issues are addressed by the Silver Fern NZ Gravel Rally, to be held in the South Island in November. The stage distance is 3.5 times that of the NZ wrc round. Likely to be single stages around the length of entire Sunday stage distance for wrc NZ. https://silverfernrally.co.nz/

I think the expenses and requirements for arranging a historic clubman event are different than when arranging a WRC event.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This. And if it's dry it's really difficult to guess who comes second.

Now the forecasts are giving only very slight rain on Thursday and just a little bit more on Friday. I doubt it will be enough to cancel the sweeping effect.
    If its dry and cleaning on Friday, Breen absolutely has to be targeting a top 2 or 3.