Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,212 Times in 5,244 Posts
    Aava said in that Betsafe podcast for SURE that Russian and Belarusian driver are not allowed

Interesting
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Aava said in that Betsafe podcast for SURE that Russian and Belarusian driver are not allowed

Interesting
    Yet the entry list published today shows a different picture, who knows, still enough time to change beforehand.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

Interesting
    What is also interesting is something else Kruus mentioned in that podcast - if they are allowed to start, how will the organisers guarantee their safety during the rally? I can't really imagine how serious of a problem it would be, but surely something to at least think about. This could potentially turn into something bigger, or what do you think about it?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    What is also interesting is something else Kruus mentioned in that podcast - if they are allowed to start, how will the organisers guarantee their safety during the rally? I can't really imagine how serious of a problem it would be, but surely something to at least think about. This could potentially turn into something bigger, or what do you think about it?
    I don’t think Estonians are that feral that they’d attack anyone just for being Russian? Whole thing’s a nonsense anyway.. Putin isn’t gonna pull his troops from Ukraine because Nikolay Gryazin wasn’t allowed to start Rally Estonia is he?

5. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (29th June 2022),TWRC (20th June 2022),WRCStan (18th June 2022)
    Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Päss1928 View Post
    It's a legitimate point but let the police and government agencies decide and define this. Not the job of the media or rally organisers.

Not much will change for 2023, this is long term. Estonia could drop off the calendar if a) the safety of competitors can't be guaranteed, or b) the organiser can't accept internationalism. We already saw 'Russian/Belarussian' driver continue with Toksport on rounds within the EU so it's not a restriction of bloc laws.

Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I don’t think Estonians are that feral that they’d attack anyone just for being Russian? Whole thing’s a nonsense anyway.. Putin isn’t gonna pull his troops from Ukraine because Nikolay Gryazin wasn’t allowed to start Rally Estonia is he?
    What is the point of doing anything then? He is still massacring Ukrainians, so sanctions are nonsense too.

8. Likes: Ha3aP (18th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToKu View Post
    What is the point of doing anything then? He is still massacring Ukrainians, so sanctions are nonsense too.
    May I politely request to keep this thread on topic, there is a thread called 'Situation in Ukraine' in 'Chit Chat'.

10. Likes: AnttiL (18th June 2022),pantealex (19th June 2022),Rally Hokkaido (20th June 2022),TWRC (20th June 2022)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    May I politely request to keep this thread on topic, there is a thread called 'Situation in Ukraine' in 'Chit Chat'.
    Read your own pathetic post #40, then delete this and stop beeing a textbook hypocrite.

12. Likes: cali (19th June 2022),Kaps (19th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Read your own pathetic post #40, then delete this and stop beeing a textbook hypocrite.
    #40 was a shitpost but was a response to the attitude of the rally organiser. Inviting a discussion on the efficacy of sanctions, military tactics, political decisions and so on as I guess ToKu meant, will probably have this thread descend into chaos a month before the rally even starts. Sure though I did get pot/kettle vibes anyway.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    The "attitude" of the rally organizer is perfectly easy to understand.
    Multiple officials of a certain country have repeatedly declared that Estonia doesn't have a right to exist. (and also "rewoked" independence of Lithuania recently btw.)

Now rally Estonia has both direct and indirect support of Estonian officials (and taxpayers money).

In this situation it certainly might be a problem for them to give prizes (given usually by local state officials) and generally just using taxpayers money on someone representing Automobile Federation of that country.

So the only real news is that they might be against drivers starting under "neutral" flags like FIA or 3rd countries (RAF is not neutral). But I guess someone has a certain incident in Portugal in mind.

15. Likes: cali (19th June 2022),Eli (28th June 2022),flat_right (19th June 2022),WRCStan (19th June 2022)