Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Qualifying

1. Leclerc - Ferrari is back!
    2. Verstappen - In the mix
    3. Sainz - he has to be happy, he didn't have a stellar weekend
    4. Perez - Did what RB needs, he is in the mix.
    5. Hamilton - So Mercedes was not sandbagging?
    6. Bottas - Bottas have to be happy. The question for the race will be reliability.
    7. Magnussen - Haas competing with Mercedes? Guenther and Haas have to be happy
    8. Alonso - Good effort, but did they underachieve a little?
    9. Russel - Was hanging with Hamilton, but fell off in the end.
    10. Gasly - Thought he had a shot to be higher

11. Ocon - Ocon the Underachiever
    12. Schumacher - he could have gotten possibly in Q1, but made a mistake
    13. Norris - Mclaren looks to have fallen back
    14. Albon - good start for Albon comeback
    15. Zhou - decent start for rookie or underachievement?

16. Tsunoda - continue to underachieve
    17. Hulkenburg - maybe he should have stroll seat
    18. Ricciardo -another disappointing effort
    19. Stroll - Aston Martin going wrong direction, and Stroll gets beat by replacement driver
    20. Latifi - look like Williams didn't make a step up

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Seven different manufacturers make it to the top 10. This is the kind of thing I was hoping for and I hope it continues.

True race pace might mix things up even better and of course we know Mercedes will fight back with some of that deficit to the top two.

KMag makes it to Q3 on his return, well done. The track was changing quickly so we still could be in for some surprises.

Looking forward to the race.

3. Likes: Bagwan (19th March 2022),Mia 01 (19th March 2022),Whyzars (19th March 2022)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Great racing between Leclerc and Verstappen!
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well, well, well.
    I was entertained
    A small bit of karma and I’m still not over the 2021 season finale. Especially after this safety car restart was the proper procedure.
    Anyway congrats to Ferrari. The car is legit
    Very pleased for Hamilton and Russell. It was a good recovery and the best result they could have got.
    Also an incredible redemption for Haas and Magnussen.
    As well as for Sauber with double points. Great drive by Zhou. Bottas had a horrendous start…typical. But came back well. Renault also with double points which is great.solid points for Tsunoda. That is a great top 10 finishing order.

Mclaren and Aston Martin are very troubling. I think along with the mercedes car they have some fundamental issues with their chassis more so than the engine. Which is causing all kinds of issues.

Good start to the season.
    Mercedes did well to mitigate their losses and RBR leave this race with powertrain questions. It is looking like another Newey design issue which we have seen before with his mclaren designs back in the day. Superfast car but prone to issues because of the packaging.

Only 7 days until the next race. Lets go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    As it is their habit I expect RBR to throw a hissy fit and take a huge dump publicly on their engine manufacturer.

7. Likes: Firstgear (21st March 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    As it is their habit I expect RBR to throw a hissy fit and take a huge dump publicly on their engine manufacturer.
    So you see them taking a dump in their diapers (e.g. RB engine Manufacture = RB)?

Great race. Good action throughout and the whole race was entertaining. The Charles/Max fight was great. Loved seeing Haas at 5. Ferrari is Back!

10. Likes: sgr (21st March 2022)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    So you see them taking a dump in their diapers (e.g. RB engine Manufacture = RB)?
    I'm just expecting consistency.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Overall not a bad race for the track, and a few twists and turns along the way to spice things up a little. With Jeddah in a week, the teams don't have much time to get on top of any troubles, so they better get at it fast.

Ferrari got it right with their big sidepods and whatever they have done, and were the class of the field today. Though Sainz couldn't get by Max he could at least pretty much stay in touch, and I think the cars seem fairly equal overall in performance. Whoever gets their respective setups and qually laps right will be able to compete unless things change quickly for one of them. Leclerc showing once again that he is at the pointy end of the drivers field when he has a car to let him show it. He and Sainz are a great pair of drivers and IMHO probably the best driver lineup on the grid, barring Russel showing he consistently keeps up with Lewis, and then both lineups are great.

RB seemed strong overall, and able to keep up. They were fast until they weren't, which was fairly abrupt. There are mumblings about fuel pump issues, but nothing positive yet. Both cars seemed to have some strange harvesting light activity before or while they were in the process of their death. A decent race by Perez might show that he is more back in the game, but without cars that finish the points will be slow to add up.

Merc still at the tail end of the top cars, but not nearly as bad as some were expecting. George seemed to be fairly strong, and both drivers did a good job staying in a position to collect the points when the RBs failed. Only time will tell how long it takes them to sort things out, but they are still lacking pace.

Seeing a Haas and both Alfa Romeo in the points was great. AT got one car in, and both Alpines as well. I hope this keeps up and the midfield can mix it up through the season. KMag looked pretty strong for a guy that has been gone for a while, and made Mick look like he doesn't belong in the car. Plenty of stops keeping the crews busy, and the tire deg was up high enough that essentially nobody pulled off milking tires through long stints.

Though the cars obviously slowed from last year and the gaps between teams still exist, it does appear that following closely is now very possible, and allows more opportunity to set up passes. This could really make things a lot better to watch IMHO. They will no doubt claw back some time as they progress, and DRS zones will still help things, but more passing opportunity is great.

Hopefully Jeddah this year isn't the crap show it was last year. Though I had hopes for the circuit I think it will continue to cause lots of VSC's real SC's and red flags. That or someone is going to catch up to a car on a slow outlap and it's going to get real ugly.