Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    basketball very well known coach Messina:

"There is no such thing as sport pretending to be a world unto itself. I am convinced that it was important that the international federations have established a mechanism by which they suspended the Russian teams."

"I disagree with those who say that sport must stay out of politics because anything we do in life is political, any position we take is political," the 62-year-old added.

Liked 331 Times in 107 Posts
    They even banned russian cats from entering competitions... and paralympic athletes from competing in evens... you know people who are crippled for life and a huge part of their life are the events...

but sure... we do not have anything against russian people... we just treating them like not part of this world because we do not like their choices in politics...

in the first 4 days of the kuwait war 20k soldiers and 10k civilians (thas 10.000) where killed...

Kadafi was sodomised with a bayonette before being lynched

Afganistan was invaded by a whole county to capture one man... who they then killed in Pakistan.

but sure... Russian are the bad guys.

3. Likes: Katvala (23rd April 2022),Rally Hokkaido (6th March 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NOT View Post
    Russia poisoned an entire English City, has interfered with elections, sponsored politicians, lobbies and groups, bombed civilians in Syria, the Caucuses, fought proxy wars and armed rebels around the world too. We know you're emotional but don't be acting like you can't understand the situation, or please try and make a relevant point.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    basketball very well known coach Messina:

"There is no such thing as sport pretending to be a world unto itself. I am convinced that it was important that the international federations have established a mechanism by which they suspended the Russian teams."

"I disagree with those who say that sport must stay out of politics because anything we do in life is political, any position we take is political," the 62-year-old added.
    Just as long as he's aware that he is advocating that his own non-sporting beliefs could have himself cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Russia poisoned an entire English City, has interfered with elections, sponsored politicians, lobbies and groups, bombed civilians in Syria, the Caucuses, fought proxy wars and armed rebels around the world too. We know you're emotional but don't be acting like you can't understand the situation, or please try and make a relevant point.
    yes they did all that... they did what superpowers do for centuries..

the issue is never before in history we saw a reaction like that from the rest of the western world...

they even banned cats... you think its normal ?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...n-ukraine-war/

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    They even banned russian cats from entering competitions... and paralympic athletes from competing in evens... you know people who are crippled for life and a huge part of their life are the events...

but sure... we do not have anything against russian people... we just treating them like not part of this world because we do not like their choices in politics...

in the first 4 days of the kuwait war 20k soldiers and 10k civilians (thas 10.000) where killed...

Kadafi was sodomised with a bayonette before being lynched

Afganistan was invaded by a whole county to capture one man... who they then killed in Pakistan.

What choice does the majority of the world have though NOT.
    I agree with you, thousands, probably millions do too, that these sanctions are not fair on Russian athletes, or for that matter the majority of Russian civilians either.
    121 countries condemn Putins actions, 5 don’t. It is the free world that condemn it, those countries that dont are led by dictatorships and their media is heavily censored. Those with a free voice are against it, those whose opinions are heavily censored and monitored are not.
    Those of us against it don’t want a war, so these actions are put in place to try and change the outcome for the good as peacefully as posible.

everyone condems putins invasion... its war... you have to be autistic not to cendemn a war.

condeming a war is different from imposing sanctions.

what free world are you talking about ? why you fail to recognise that some people do not like democracy... they just do not like it, they prefer dicators, kings communists, fascists... you name it.

if the west did not want war they would not plant a muppet in ukraine... yianukovits was also elected... and they overthrew him with the orange revolution.

its funny how revolutions are revolutions when the leader that follows is accepted by the democratic west and a coop when they do not like him...

the question is simple... are you willing to die for ukraine ? are you willing to risk a nuclear war because of ukraine ?

Americans did not allow cuba to have nuclear weapons... if china start arming mexico or cuba or colombia or venezuela what would america do ? if america started arming taiwan with nyclear weapons what china would do ?

i am not willing to die for anyone... and as i said if things go bad and europe turns into ash and if i somehow i survive i will dance on its degenerate ashes....

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    everyone condems putins invasion... its war... you have to be autistic not to cendemn a war.

condeming a war is different from imposing sanctions.

what free world are you talking about ? why you fail to recognise that some people do not like democracy... they just do not like it, they prefer dicators, kings communists, fascists... you name it.

if the west did not want war they would not plant a muppet in ukraine... yianukovits was also elected... and they overthrew him with the orange revolution.

its funny how revolutions are revolutions when the leader that follows is accepted by the democratic west and a coop when they do not like him...

the question is simple... are you willing to die for ukraine ? are you willing to risk a nuclear war because of ukraine ?

Americans did not allow cuba to have nuclear weapons... if china start arming mexico or cuba or colombia or venezuela what would america do ? if america started arming taiwan with nyclear weapons what china would do ?

i am not willing to die for anyone... and as i said if things go bad and europe turns into ash and if i somehow i survive i will dance on its degenerate ashes....
    so, what's your proposal for stop the war?

the proposal is if you are next to a superpower do not act like a retard.... and ukraine went full retards...

all of the latin americas have USA muppets as leaders...apart from a very few.. and guess what... they are shitholes... i wonder who is to blame...

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    This is the definition that pops up on wikipedia:
    Sportswashing is the practice of an individual, group, corporation, or nation-state using sport to improve their tarnished reputation, through hosting a sporting event, the purchase or sponsorship of sporting teams, or by participation in the sport itself.

So in the last years we can list:

2014 Russia winter olympics
    2018 Russia football world cup
    2022 China winter Olympics and Paralympics
    2022 Football world cup in Qatar this summer
    2021 F1 races in the Persian Gulf countries, that quickly popped in during Covid.

Reasons for this is that international federations have made the tournaments too expensive to arrange, so very few nations are willing to use that kind of money. Many documentaries also on corruption and buying of votes to get the majority of the votes on choosing venue.

Many Oligarks are openly or more hidden invested in Premier League and other large fooball league to wash money.

All of this is done to make the countries look ok to the world, but nothing changes on the ground.
    But when many federations consist of old men, that think more on themselves than people of the country they represent we end up in situations that should have been avoided.

And by the way, most of the conflicts NOT are mentioning was started by the US. After a while they needed a bailout by NATO + all other countries that wanted to participate.

But trying to get sense into the head of a ex KGB agent, now dictator, that now has taken refuge from the world, and is surrounded by Yes men, is not easy.
    That is why some sanctions might look harsh, but is needed to get truce, and negotiations for peace.

War should be a thing of the 20th century, now we should reach agreements via talking in the same room as grown ups!