Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryBGC View Post

1. Can you give me some co-ordinates for a good, spectacular spots to watch stages?
    2. Are tickets necessary to get in to the stage? Will we not be able to get in to the stage without tickets?
    1. Buy Official (there are also unofficial ones with just Finnish language) Rally Program, it has more than enough spectating places for 1st timer mentioned...

2. I would say YES mandatory, you will need lot of skills and luck to go without. Same rallypass let's you go in to Service park and it's 99% sure you can't go in there without ticket.
    Some of forest stages have first ticket sales points 5km/3miles before stage, so prepare to long walk in forest if you don't want to buy ticket...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

2. Likes: AnttiL (10th June 2022)
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Thank You so much guys for your help! Coming there from Poland so I want to get as much info as possible. Hope to see some of You in Jyvaskyla!

Liked 208 Times in 109 Posts
    Hello rally fans,

This year I'm going to be 1st time on Rally Finland. If you can answer some of my questions about that, I would be delighted.

1. Can you give me some co-ordinates for a good, spectacular spots to watch stages?
    2. Are tickets necessary to get in to the stage? Will we not be able to get in to the stage without tickets?
    3. Also if you can give me some advices witch I didn't ask about, but will help us in spending nice time on Rally, I would be really thankful.

Thank you!
    Get the official rally programme, lots of info and good points, there's also a good local one in Finnish only, a nice one to have as a momento as well.

Get a pass, there are usually good parking places near the stages but be prepared for some walking as well.

Mosquito spray is a must.

The street where the cars assemble before the Harju stage is a really good place to get a different view on the rally, also you will meet some friends for life at a fantastic rally.

This is maybe your 1st time , it will be the 1st off many, you will be hooked, just enjoy.

5. Likes: pantealex (14th June 2022),Rallyper (14th June 2022)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    WRC+ onboards is very useful for finding good places, you also have a map on there you can follow.
    Not always so easy to judge what is a jump or not.
    As long as you avoid junctions and most of the spectator areas and find some places with speed, crests and jumps you can't go wrong. Nothing better than finding your own spot

Use rally-maps.com and right click to get coordinates, planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/wrc-rallye-finlande-2022/ also posts kmz files soon i think which you can add to my maps in google so you get all stages in google maps if you don't use a gps.
    I always add a lot of stuff in my gps before i leave home.
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 14th June 2022 at 16:24.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

7. Likes: cali (14th June 2022),Lead (6th July 2022),Rallyper (14th June 2022),satnav (21st June 2022)
    Liked 12,172 Times in 5,220 Posts
    Hello rally fans,

This year I'm going to be 1st time on Rally Finland. If you can answer some of my questions about that, I would be delighted.

3. Also if you can give me some advices witch I didn't ask about, but will help us in spending nice time on Rally, I would be really thankful.

Thank you!
    1. It's difficult to give the recommendations, people like different things. Like has been said here, buy the official program or watch the onboards on wrc+....or contact Antti

2. Yes, they are necessary, they dont control it everywhere but they do it quite often. Actually it kinda depends, i have been to the rally since 2015 (except 2021), i remember one year they controlled it basically everywhere and then the other year they didnt control it basically at all. But still better to have it. Have some cash with you, you have to pay for the parking basically everywhere, not only night time but also day time when you are going to different stages.

3. Bring warm clothes and hiking boots with you, definitely two pair of shoes are needed and a raincoat or umbrella. Yeah its august and summertime but for example in 2019 its was so cold during nights that i thought i will freeze to death in the tent, i was shaking all night long while sleeping and couldnt wait for the morning, so it can get very cold but then again 2018 it was so hot all the time, be prepared for both. OF course i dont know how are you travelling there, if you are going with the camper van then no problems at all. A barbecue grill is a must, plastic dishes, pot and a pan, food, freezer, knife definitely, folding chairs (you have to be early on some stages and its more comfortable to sit and wait) alcohol, good mood, backpack, flags and shirts for the ones you support.

E: oh and a small radio is a MUST, there isnt mobile connection everywhere, so you can at least hear the results on the radio. and battery banks for mobiles.

These are things from top of my head.

And i cant wait for it, going again this year.
    Last edited by EstWRC; 14th June 2022 at 20:43.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

9. Likes: Eli (23rd June 2022),pantealex (16th June 2022),Rallyper (15th June 2022),satnav (21st June 2022)
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Thank you for your help from the bottom of my heart guys, hope to see you in Finland!

11. Likes: EstWRC (23rd June 2022),pantealex (24th June 2022),Rallyper (23rd June 2022),satnav (23rd June 2022)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Entry closes today (Monday), FIA approved list will be published this Friday

Maybe we will get some general info before that ...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

13. Likes: Rallyper (4th July 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Pajari with Skoda Fabia Rally2 evo

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    #M-SPORTER

16. Likes: AnttiL (6th July 2022),Rallyper (7th July 2022)
    Liked 424 Times in 223 Posts
    Let's see what can Huttunen do with the Puma. Maybe if Loubet continues his good momentum from Sardegna and Breen can stabilise his performance, Ford will have a good trio for 2023.