Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    That is far worser than that overcautious red flag waving marshall in WRC Sardegna, isn't it?
    What?

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    What?
    this post from WRC Sardegna

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    This has been truly an embarrassment
    People walking on the stages, lower class cars getting to drive only 4-5 stages, messed up red flag

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Nice to see Tanak and Neuville openly saying that in no way they can fight for victory, instead of the "we'll see what we can do". Not surprising of course, Hyundai is a bigger opponent to them than Kalle is.
    Is there anybody expecting a driver other than Rovanpera to win this weekend?

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Ban Finland off the calendar!

It's a bit harsh to blame the marshal or organisation. Some people are just thick, obstinate, arrogant and/or misguided.

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Nice to see Tänak and Neuville openly saying that in no way they can fight for victory, instead of the "we'll see what we can do". Not surprising of course, Hyundai is a bigger opponent to them than Kalle is.
    Is there anybody expecting a driver other than Rovanperä to win this weekend?
    Maybe Lappi, but tbh Rovanperä seems as if he's in the mindset that he has this one in the bag.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    this post from WRC Sardegna
    I think it's whataboutism to talk about the red flags.

In terms of people walking on the stages, it's impossible to control everyone, because a person can step onto a stage anywhere, anytime.

But a bike doesn't step onto the stage so easily. A bike cannot be ridden in a forest, it should always come from a junction, and every junction should have a marshall controlling the traffic. It should be akin to a car entering the stage. To me it seems like a local kid who lives along the stage having some play, or maybe thinking the stage is already over. On a shakedown you can have long pauses at the end but still cars coming at full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Ban Finland off the calendar!

It's a bit harsh to blame the marshal or organisation. Some people are just thick, obstinate, arrogant and/or misguided.
    I have never insisted on using banning any WRC rally. But yesterday I was reading on the official WRC Ypres Rally 2022 website and regarding spectators came across this:

"The FIA, RACB and the organisation's safety representative expect everyone to be in place when they arrive, checking 30-40 minutes before the first car comes along. The safety officer can and will cancel special stages if people are not in the right places

The organizers may stop or cancel the special stage at any time if they believe that the safety of spectators, participants or officials may be compromised."

So I guess this is valid for every WRC Rally
    Last edited by Sergiow; 4th August 2022 at 15:35.

8. Likes: WRC1 (4th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it's whataboutism to talk about the red flags.

In terms of people walking on the stages, it's impossible to control everyone, because a person can step onto a stage anywhere, anytime.

But a bike doesn't step onto the stage so easily. A bike cannot be ridden in a forest, it should always come from a junction, and every junction should have a marshall controlling the traffic. It should be akin to a car entering the stage. To me it seems like a local kid who lives along the stage having some play, or maybe thinking the stage is already over. On a shakedown you can have long pauses at the end but still cars coming at full speed.
    I agree, thanks

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Here we go! Will Rovanpera get it or can someone stop him?

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    I was in that spot, there were 3 or 4 kids with bikes

12. Likes: AnttiL (4th August 2022)