Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Seems that shakedown will get very crowded quick. I guess we have to skip it…

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    Yes looks like Shakedown will be a challenge, time will tell

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Seems that shakedown will get very crowded quick. I guess we have to skip it…
    Why do you say that Antti?

[WRC] Rally Finland 2022

I'm hearing this more from people who go spectating more than I do, but essentially:
    - the only large spectating area is the junction
    - The start and finish only offer "bushy" spectating zones and possibly limited parking along a road
    - The middle spectating point is only available if you walk there a long distance one hour before the stage and stay there until the stage ends five hours later.
    - Much of the stage is a private area so these aforementioned places are the only spots you are allowed to spectate.
    - In comparison, almost all of Vesala was allowed for spectating, and had two access points in addition to the start and finish.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 27th July 2022 at 15:20.

5. Likes: cali (27th July 2022),EstWRC (27th July 2022),Jewy46 (27th July 2022),pantealex (27th July 2022),satnav (27th July 2022)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I'm hearing this more from people who go spectating more than I do, but essentially:
    - the only large spectating area is the junction
    - The start and finish only offer "bushy" spectating zones and possibly limited parking along a road
    - The middle spectating point is only available if you walk there a long distance one hour before the stage and stay there until the stage ends five hours later.
    - Much of the stage is a private area so these are the only spots you are allowed to spectate.
    - In comparison, almost all of Vesala was allowed for spectating, and had two access points in addition to the start and finish.
    agreed, you are on point with everything. shakedown is boring as hell too IMO, basically straight all the time

was makin the route for us yesterday and its bad, dont like this years itinerary at all
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

7. Likes: AnttiL (27th July 2022),cali (27th July 2022),Jewy46 (27th July 2022)
    Thanks guys.

Something to keep in mind. I guess we will go anyway and try make the best of that stage, last year's shakedown was simply the best place I've ever got to watch a the WRC.....Unbelievable speed!! Such a pity theyve changed the stage for this year.

You might have seen us on J-Records videos. We were the guys with the Ireland flag

9. Likes: cali (27th July 2022),Lead (27th July 2022)
    Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    Has anyone any recommendations on where to go on stages? Preferable away from spectators areas. Fast flowing typical Finland and not square junctions. Don't mind walking few kms from junctions.
    Also the access roads on the maps that are not marked as spectator parking etc, are these accessible or do they close them?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    I don't remember shakedown being so bad in 2010, walked in from the start to the junction and back.
    I just remember some thorn bushes near the start cutting across the first left hander so watch out for those!
    I'm confused, you can only spectate the private area where it's marked in orange...?

@Jewy46 i had some Irish people sing in my video just before that fast right?

It's hard to give advice, there is a lot of fast and flowing this year though you just have to find a spot with decent view, sometimes hard to see from WRC+ onboards so i always check. Most of the roads around the stages have been open if you see the mark close by the stage, unless it's like east of Päijälä where you see two marks going into the narrow road loop and east of Patajoki into tight junction left where you needed a Media/AUX sticker to get in last year. (Some got in another way) Best to check them.
    Joonas did some stages last year also, better quality than the recce onboards
    https://www.youtube.com/c/JoonasL%C3%B6nn/videos
    Last edited by SubaruNorway; 27th July 2022 at 15:19.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

12. Likes: Jewy46 (28th July 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I'm confused, you can only spectate the private area where it's marked in orange...?
    No the exact opposite, no spectating in orange private areas, only in the four designated areas

14. Likes: SubaruNorway (27th July 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I don't remember shakedown being so bad in 2010, walked in from the start to the junction and back.
    I just remember some thorn bushes near the start cutting across the first left hander so watch out for those!

@Jewy46 i had some Irish people sing in my video just before that fast right?

It's hard to give advice, there is a lot of fast and flowing this year though you just have to find a spot with decent view, sometimes hard to see from WRC+ onboards so i always check. Most of the roads around the stages have been open if you see the mark close by the stage, unless it's like east of Päijälä where you see two marks going into the narrow road loop and east of Patajoki into tight junction left where you needed a Media/AUX sticker to get in last year. (Some got in another way) Best to check them.
    Joonas did some stages last year also, better quality than the recce onboards
    https://www.youtube.com/c/JoonasL%C3%B6nn/videos
    That was us Tor, how could I forget it was your video that we were in!
    It was an excellent place to spectate, the speed of the 2017 WRC cars was outrageous. Totally flat out!

16. Likes: SubaruNorway (27th July 2022)