Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...river-ratings/

In short my ratings:

Rovanperä 9/10
    Did well for cleaning fridays road. Put huge pressure on Tänak and destroyed his teammates. Without opening the road on Friday he would be celebrating the win. He is crazy good and the driving is so effortless and smooth.

Evans 7/10
    Did a small mistake which costed much. A bit of off the pace and couldn't beat his teammates.

Lappi 8/10
    I enjoyed his performance. Benefitted his good starting position but couldn't fight Tänak and Kalle when they had more equal road order. Unfortunate roll but had fantastic Power Stage.

Tänak 10/10
    Forget the Hyundai-i20-is-a-bad-car-and-i-don't-have chance-here fairytale. The car is a handful, yes. But it's fast enough. I just loved the driving from Tänak. This all or nothing warrior attitude. It was a breath of fresh air in a championship where the pecking order was set and everybody waving white flag to Rovanperä. I was genuinely scared and amazed by his performance. It made rallying exciting again and not because he is fellow estonian but I think quite many fans had this adrenaline rush on the roadside and behind the TV when we saw him give absolutely everything.

Neuville 5/10
    We know fast gravel is not for him but I thought Thierry had more dog in him. I can't wait for Ypres to see him give Tänak-like performance on tarmac. I rate him much higher than his performance was in Finland.

Solberg 0/10
    We know why.

Breen - undecided
    He had the speed, but then crashed. Dunno, by speed 6/10 but since he didn't finish I would give him 4/10. He needs confidence, more seat time, more testing.

Greensmith 6/10
    No silly mistakes, consistent times. He didn't fall off and was head and shoulders above other M-Sport crews. I actually was impressed this time around.

Loubet 5/10

Fourmaux 4/10

Huttunen 5/10
    Unlucky with the Puma's issues. Was straight away on the same pace as the french duo of M-Sport. Unfortunately we couldn't see more push from him at the later stages because of the issues. I would like to see him again in a Puma.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

2. Likes: Hartusvuori (9th August 2022),meh (9th August 2022)
    Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Roof of Lappi "opened" in last stage. It was still attached when they started Power stage.
    GPS antennas etc left there. I was even afraid that car stopped when I watched maps and live at same time...Screenshot_20220807-141055.jpg

Lähetetty minun AC2003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)

4. Likes: cali (8th August 2022),pantealex (9th August 2022)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Of course.
    But - how would you build up a safety cage stopping all penetration from foreign objects? Rallying with military tanks? Eeehhh. No.
    Just a steel sheet like all cars from the past? Have you ever before seen a car without a roof after a small roll?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...river-ratings/

In short my ratings:

Rovanperä 9/10
    Did well for cleaning fridays road. Put huge pressure on Tänak and destroyed his teammates. Without opening the road on Friday he would be celebrating the win. He is crazy good and the driving is so effortless and smooth.

Evans 7/10
    Did a small mistake which costed much. A bit of off the pace and couldn't beat his teammates.

Lappi 8/10
    I enjoyed his performance. Benefitted his good starting position but couldn't fight Tänak and Kalle when they had more equal road order. Unfortunate roll but had fantastic Power Stage.

Tänak 10/10
    Forget the Hyundai-i20-is-a-bad-car-and-i-don't-have chance-here fairytale. The car is a handful, yes. But it's fast enough. I just loved the driving from Tänak. This all or nothing warrior attitude. It was a breath of fresh air in a championship where the pecking order was set and everybody waving white flag to Rovanperä. I was genuinely scared and amazed by his performance. It made rallying exciting again and not because he is fellow estonian but I think quite many fans had this adrenaline rush on the roadside and behind the TV when we saw him give absolutely everything.

Neuville 5/10
    We know fast gravel is not for him but I thought Thierry had more dog in him. I can't wait for Ypres to see him give Tänak-like performance on tarmac. I rate him much higher than his performance was in Finland.

Solberg 0/10
    We know why.

Breen - undecided
    He had the speed, but then crashed. Dunno, by speed 6/10 but since he didn't finish I would give him 4/10. He needs confidence, more seat time, more testing.

Greensmith 6/10
    No silly mistakes, consistent times. He didn't fall off and was head and shoulders above other M-Sport crews. I actually was impressed this time around.

Loubet 5/10

Fourmaux 4/10

Huttunen 5/10
    Unlucky with the Puma's issues. Was straight away on the same pace as the french duo of M-Sport. Unfortunately we couldn't see more push from him at the later stages because of the issues. I would like to see him again in a Puma.

10 to Tanak with road position advantage and low PS result, while he also won the rally numerous times before is hard to justify from me. Specially since Rovanpera got 9/10 for 30 points while road cleaning in Portugal. So either both these are a 9 or a 10.

Agree Breen deserves lot better than 2/10.

Fourmaux should get 2-3, he broke the steering himself on second stage.

Greensmith 5/10, barely beat Loubet who was there first time in top car. Consistent times beating only Fords with issues.

Lappi 5-6 max. Said before the rally podium was minimum, even without issues he wouldn't be better and then basically threw it away keeping it by pure luck. Before the season everyone knew he has good speed often. Reliability and stability were question marks. So far this year the question marks only got bigger.

Evans 7 instead of 6 yes.

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    10 to Tanak with road position advantage and low PS result, while he also won the rally numerous times before is hard to justify from me. Specially since Rovanpera got 9/10 for 30 points while road cleaning in Portugal. So either both these are a 9 or a 10.

Greensmith 5/10, barely beat Loubet who was there first time in top car. Consistent times beating only Fords with issues.

Lappi 5-6 max. Said before the rally podium was minimum, even without issues he wouldn't be better and then basically threw it away keeping it by pure luck. Before the season everyone knew he has good speed often. Reliability and stability were question marks. So far this year the question marks only got bigger.

How can you give Evans more points than Lappi? Lappi was faster than Evans all weekend despite having less experience with the car.

8. Likes: cali (9th August 2022),Corcaíoch (9th August 2022),dupanton (9th August 2022),WRC1 (9th August 2022)
    Deleted

For me Rovanperä has been 10/10 on previous rallies, no doubt.
    Actually agree about Fourmaux but other than that I stand by my ratings. That's how I saw it.

Last edited by cali; 9th August 2022 at 05:11.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sdlp98 View Post
    How can you give Evans more points than Lappi? Lappi was faster than Evans all weekend despite having less experience with the car.
    Rolling on a Sunday outside PS when not even in a fight is pretty much inexcusable. (Lappi did both roll and then crash in Portugal 2019 on Sunday as well).
    That he didn't retire or even lose position is pure luck. Imagine if he had to retire, what rating would he get 3/10? Now because of luck everything should be forgiven?

Also Lappi and Evans have both done all the fast snow/gravel rallies in that car. Evans only has Safari extra if you count that as fast.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts

Evans was last years clear winner!

Lappi did several stages on Saturday with broken windshield and rolled 3 times but still finished ahead of Evans

No way Evans was better ...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

13. Likes: cali (9th August 2022),WRC1 (9th August 2022)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    Just a steel sheet like all cars from the past? Have you ever before seen a car without a roof after a small roll?
    If you take Lappi as an example, a correct roof doesn´t stop penetration either...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...