Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    According to Finnish media sites. Teemu Suninen was disqualified.
    His team issue aftermarket front bumber was too ligth.

Sent from my Takapalk.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

2. Likes: cali (8th August 2022)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    This Suninen case again makes Hyundai look like a bunch of amateurs. Good result wasted.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk

Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: cali (8th August 2022),Eli (8th August 2022),Katvala (12th August 2022),pantealex (8th August 2022)
    Liked 39 Times in 14 Posts
    Isn't that RedGrey who services Rally2 cars? Not the Hyundai factory team.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (8th August 2022),AnttiL (8th August 2022),cali (8th August 2022),EstWRC (8th August 2022),pantealex (8th August 2022),PLuto (8th August 2022),TWRC (8th August 2022)
    Liked 191 Times in 91 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Would expect it to be without stickers then. I assume it's the bottom red part:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/719315/

Maybe they use stickers also during testing, or have all bumpers without them and fit them first on the car. Anyway these kind of issues are best avoided by making it impossible to mount it, for example by not having it with them to the rally. Or by storing them completely different place and clearly marked. Commercial aviation and space industry have extensive and hard-earned experience of how things need to be make impossible to do the wrong way.
    I compared photos and Suninen's car front bumper has a lot of larger brake cooling holes than other. I really significant thing.

Lähetetty minun AC2003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Sääli on sairautta! ;)

9. Likes: cali (8th August 2022)
    Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    This Suninen case again makes Hyundai look like a bunch of amateurs. Good result wasted.

Sent from my DN2103 using Tapatalk
    Not Hyundai, Red Grey.

11. Likes: cali (8th August 2022)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    what a rally and what a result from Ott and Martin! Incredible, surely one of his best wins if not the best.

I had a good feeling when we arrived to Finland on wednesday but still didnt believe it was 100% doable.

from watching on the stages, i have to say you can see why the likes of Fourmaux, Greensmith etc are having moments and stuff. The TOP4 were like on rails and are keeping the car under control and in the right line, while the second tier group is all over the place and car snapping through middle of the corner.

I have been to the rally now since 2015 and public wise i have never seen so few estonian spectators, i guess Rally Estonia is a big factor here and also current situation in the world with war and economics. And not just estonians, didnt see as much other nations also as previous years.

From organizational side, i really recommend the Rally Finland organizers to visit Rally Estonia and take some things over from there. Apart from service park, the Rally Pass was checked only on one stage! I mean whats the point for me to buy it then? In Estonia they control it everywhere. And in Ässämäki, they caused a huge queue cause they decided to control the passes on top of hill on very narrow road where the cars couldnt pass each other, so the people who wanted to turn around and go back didnt have any chance to do it. Total facepalm moment to me. And i hope they ditch this shakedown, the official places were boring as hell. Vesala was much better.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

13. Likes: cali (8th August 2022),Eli (12th August 2022),Hartusvuori (9th August 2022),WRCStan (8th August 2022)
    Liked 1,476 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    what a rally and what a result from Ott and Martin! Incredible, surely one of his best wins if not the best.

I had a good feeling when we arrived to Finland on wednesday but still didnt believe it was 100% doable.

from watching on the stages, i have to say you can see why the likes of Fourmaux, Greensmith etc are having moments and stuff. The TOP4 were like on rails and are keeping the car under control and in the right line, while the second tier group is all over the place and car snapping through middle of the corner.

I have been to the rally now since 2015 and public wise i have never seen so few estonian spectators, i guess Rally Estonia is a big factor here and also current situation in the world with war and economics. And not just estonians, didnt see as much other nations also as previous years.

From organizational side, i really recommend the Rally Finland organizers to visit Rally Estonia and take some things over from there. Apart from service park, the Rally Pass was checked only on one stage! I mean whats the point for me to buy it then? In Estonia they control it everywhere. And in Ässämäki, they caused a huge queue cause they decided to control the passes on top of hill on very narrow road where the cars couldnt pass each other, so the people who wanted to turn around and go back didnt have any chance to do it. Total facepalm moment to me. And i hope they ditch this shakedown, the official places were boring as hell. Vesala was much better.
    Sounds like you had a great time, probably hard now to go back after such ‘high’; been there once before back in 2014 when they had the official spectator buses to take you to the stages which was very nice as you didn’t have to pay for it but it did restrict (obviously) the amount of stages you could catch in a day, overall though was a really good experience, would definitely like to go there again.
    I was wondering, how did Ott & Thierry’s driving style compare to one another? & did their cars looked ‘heavy’ when taking the corners in comparison to the Toyotas and the Pumas? Also did Breen's lines looked like he was all over the place? I’m curious.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    On SS2 Solberg's crash he is already shifting up onto fourth gear on the corner where he crashes. Everyone else keeps on third gear and are even lifting the throttle at the same point. It's not just "bad luck".
    You are at the spot on point now.
    My son said he did same mistake once. Just decided for himself that first corner on first stage could be taken flat out... He got away with it (almost got off) but learned a lot.
    The thing was he was mentally blocked in his mind-set.
    I guess Oliver was in that mode, strengthend after Harju stage the night before. I also question his learning from computer rallygames; he used to have camerasight from behind of car, not the dashboard mode. Why? How can you get the feeling for driving fast in the early learning, in that way?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

16. Likes: AnttiL (8th August 2022)
    Liked 610 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Agreed, and not just chucking it into corners because I see automatically from some drivers if the car comes out pointing exactly the right way, some like to rapid steer left and right under acceleration to grab traction (is there a name for this?) I can understand it in ruts or wet/mud but it looks like a psychological driving style thing more than anything else, like digging your elbows in for leverage, surely it doesn't make you faster out of every corner!?