Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    So dissapointed on M-sport. They had a great start of the season, now seems they are just recycling old parts and all cars fail at some point.

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    yr.no is forecasting some rain for tomorrow morning loop from Rapsula onwards.
    I see lots of rain, cold front moving in. Not looking good for Ott.

Liked 1,476 Times in 842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    So disappointed on M-sport. They had a great start of the season, now seems they are just recycling old parts and all cars fail at some point.
    Well I can see why Breen is struggling here, his pace was okay until he hit that rock in stage 7(?) and once he lost that 10 seconds, he's trying so hard to catch that time back, he just needs to reset and start fresh for tomorrow. Besides imho the fact that he needs to lead the team for the first time in his career amounts a lot of pressure, and the overall line-up at M-Sport can't help. He needs someone to challenge him, to make him strive for better results, and atm only Loeb is there but he's on a pensioner's slot so...I honestly hope M-Sport will manage to sign a top driver for next season whilst their car is still (relatively) competitive.
    Last edited by Eli; 5th August 2022 at 21:01.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Looks like almost everyone was wide on Rovanpera's corner (Rovanpera, Neuville, Evans and Tanak):

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-a-d8iDDAoo?app=desktop
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/B5HAxbGc3_U?app=desktop
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/exlq27He9-g?app=desktop
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yTlJ8hoq3J8?app=desktop

Most interesting is Tanak since he definitely had time to see Rovanpera on Allive.

5. Likes: Sproaks (5th August 2022)
    Liked 610 Times in 324 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Well I can see why Breen is struggling here, his pace was okay until he hit that rock in stage 7(?) and once he lost that 10 seconds, he's trying so hard to catch that time back, he just needs to reset and start fresh for tomorrow. Besides imho the fact that he needs to lead the team for the first time in his career amounts a lot of pressure, and the overall line-up at M-Sport can't help. He needs someone to challenge him, to make him strive for better results, and atm only Loeb is there but he's on a pensioner's slot so...I honestly hope M-Sport will manage to sign a top driver for next season whilst their car is still (relatively) competitive.
    Finishing is everything for M-Sport, there's no title fight for anybody. If his team mates can't finish that's not his problem so that's why I don't agree with the team-leader label.

If you lose 10s you don't get it back at this level at these speeds, only others can lose it too. He's 0.3s/km behind a 0-fucks Tanak and then 3 infallible Toyotas driven by two former winners and the champion in waiting. Craig is hardly struggling whilst being under the biggest pressure to bring it home. If he finishes on +0.3s/k it'll be his second best result of the season after Sardinia so at these speeds I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to curb his enthusiasm tbh. Still another day tomorrow, long way to go and all that.

7. Likes: jonkka (6th August 2022)
    Liked 12,207 Times in 5,241 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    I see lots of rain, cold front moving in. Not looking good for Ott.
    Wrong already. We are at Paijala and yr.no showed that it should start rain here at 3 am and basically non stop till the evening. It’s bone dry

I mean the exact place where we are.

Liked 300 Times in 127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Most interesting is Tanak since he definitely had time to see Rovanpera on Allive.
    Well... But this is the fastest way, to take this corner...

10. Likes: WRC1 (6th August 2022)
    Liked 3,793 Times in 1,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Finishing is everything for M-Sport, there's no title fight for anybody. If his team mates can't finish that's not his problem so that's why I don't agree with the team-leader label.

If you lose 10s you don't get it back at this level at these speeds, only others can lose it too. He's 0.3s/km behind a 0-fucks Tanak and then 3 infallible Toyotas driven by two former winners and the champion in waiting. Craig is hardly struggling whilst being under the biggest pressure to bring it home. If he finishes on +0.3s/k it'll be his second best result of the season after Sardinia so at these speeds I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to curb his enthusiasm tbh. Still another day tomorrow, long way to go and all that.

Does this equal "biggest pressure to bring it home":
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-spo...n-to-the-wind/

Breen is doing ok here, before the hit it was pretty much exactly same as last year in a Hyundai. Not a championship or even rally-winning speed though. (*wink to Breen WDC predictions)

Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Wrong already. We are at Paijala and yr.no showed that it should start rain here at 3 am and basically non stop till the evening. It’s bone dry

I mean the exact place where we are.
    3AM? I'm talking about precipitation during rally. There will be huge downpours today on stages. Look how how yesterday was and todays Will be a lot colder. Perfect conditions for thunderstorms. If you wont believe me, believe bluuford.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    So if it rains that might give the edge to Kalle again.