Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    ι have mention this plenty of times here,they are going to answer you that yes at 1.01 its normal.
    Dont bother.

Indeed. Likely it isn't intentional, but there's clearly (to many of us) something that goes on, principally with 60fps YT videos, that results in getting an unnatural impression of speed, particularly noticeable in the movement of people. But there's little point in going over this again, particularly if some will deny we're even noticing anything awry.

2. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th August 2022)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    The simple thing to do would be to just ask if they are actually filming in 60fps, which isn't a standard frame rate in Europe, or 50fps that gets changed later. If the original filming frame rate is different than the one on Youtube, then all depends how it's been done. Tho it's better to stick to one frame rate standard and not to switch between them.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    He's the WRC equivalent of Sportscar racing's Paul Dalla Lana, but with more hair......
    ... but Greensmith did win the SS7 at the Monte this year beating Ogier with +1.4s and Loeb with 2.9s. Not a many that could say that

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    ... but Greensmith did win the SS7 at the Monte this year beating Ogier with +1.4s and Loeb with 2.9s. Not a many that could say that
    Yes he did, it took him some 3 years in WRC car and Loeb to have a hybrid failure.

But yes Monte was actually good and seemed to have shown some improvement, since then it's kinda back to same old. Meaning he does 1-2 good stages per rally and else stays among last WRCs.

Anyway my biggest problem with Greensmith+MSport is how their PR talks about him like he is on the way to be next world champion. This started with the "extended featured" last summer, until then the PR was pretty normal and realistic.What changed? MSport didn't get top driver so they decide to promote what they have hard?

Now that kind of PR starts to get slighty ridiculous when they are very happy about 7th place.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th August 2022),AnttiL (12th August 2022),pantealex (13th August 2022)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    I was not joking. I downloaded the video and slowed it down about 5%. Then it looks more natural and relatable to other "flat out" videos from Finland and also from Estonia. It is very hard to prove because I don't have any reference videos from the same place but I'm 100% sure it is sped up. Everything from how people move, how camera "shakes", how dust moves behind the car, how gravel falls down, how leaves and grass shake is not normal. I have watched so many WRC videos and been in so many rallies myself that it is not possible that it is natural.

For example, check the 1:01 mark from the video. Are you really saying that this is normal? People are moving like in a Charlie Chaplin video...

https://streamable.com/6wpo1o
    What did you think of my video this time? (Motorsportfilmer)
    https://youtu.be/AlZPIglb5p0
    I had some people complain it looked laggy and asked for more FPS, mine is 25fps 4K.
    I haven't tried 50fps with my new Canon XA50 to see how it looks, only the old Panasonic HC-x1000 at RX Nordic 2019 and it looked a little unnatural with more visible shaking, i wonder what WRC TV use?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts

[WRC] Rally Finland 2022

Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Great clips but why on earth are they speeding up these videos? So unnatural.
    I really doubt they are speeding up them by purpose.

J-records was also here after Croatia video I think and explained the things.

For me some parts look speed up, not the whole video
    Last edited by EstWRC; 14th August 2022 at 08:56.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    I had some people complain it looked laggy and asked for more FPS, mine is 25fps 4K.
    I haven't tried 50fps with my new Canon XA50 to see how it looks, only the old Panasonic HC-x1000 at RX Nordic 2019 and it looked a little unnatural with more visible shaking, i wonder what WRC TV use?
    But would you run the same shutter speed when filming in 50fps as with 25fps?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    For me your video looks totally normal. Very nice places and super clips!

If you only follow and look the cars, in your video and also J-records, it is very hard to say anything but if you start to check surroundings, then for me J-record feels sped up. This will be the final post from me about this in this topic. Really appreciate all of you who make them. 100% better than what we see from All live.

11. Likes: cali (14th August 2022),SubaruNorway (15th August 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Could also be that the YouTube encoder does some weird stuff. I sometimes see it struggling with rain or things moving fast. Some moments in the J-records do feel a bit strange but it could be some artificial smoothing going on, like when you turn on those "smooth motion" features on tvs and get the soap opera effect.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    All this talk about speeding up videos...

I tell you one thing for sure:

Go and watch yourself and find out that it´s true speed. The stages are sooo fast and cars driven absolutely on the edge...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

14. Likes: Jewy46 (15th August 2022),MartijnS (15th August 2022),pantealex (15th August 2022)