Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Great win by Tanak, incredible effort delivered to clinch the win; must admit I wouldn’t think I would see him at this level this year.
    Great job also by Kalle who was in a different position with the championship; with a 90+ point-gap lead, he can begin to think about clinching it in Greece (Belgium is theoretically possible but not probable) or, at last, New Zealand.

The rest of the Toyota crew is mewww. It was the very minimum for Lappi to stay in the game for next year (considering his rolling could have cost a lot), Evans was not outstanding and nothing special also from Katsuta considering his experience in Finnish roads but at least, he begins well his second part of season (unlike last year). Neuville has done pretty the same, nothing special, nothing big.

Big disappointment for Solberg who as completly missed the fast-gravel back-to-back opportunity to show himself; will be complicated with the remaining rounds for him. And a true question mark for next year for Hyundai even if it is not the main problem.

And for sure, bad rally for M-Sport; Huttunen was not awful except his issue but nothing special to be underlined for next season; Fourmaux again being Fourmaux; Breen again showing he is not a lead driver; and Loubet and Greensmith, really nothing special.

In WRC-2, good fight between Suninen and Lindholm with also Pajari doing good things before his mistakes. As expected, Paddon was not really able to match for a return.

2. Likes: cali (7th August 2022)
    Liked 39 Times in 19 Posts
    Huttunen had 5 clean stages otherwise always some problem with the car. He had not a lot of kms in puma before and was with in -05-06/per km losing time before the issues with the car started. I think he is far better that loubet, Greensmith and Fourmaux.

Liked 110 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galev62 View Post
    Huttunen had 5 clean stages otherwise always some problem with the car. He had not a lot of kms in puma before and was with in -05-06/per km losing time before the issues with the car started. I think he is far better that loubet, Greensmith and Fourmaux.
    This is only in finland. Who knows if he would be better in any other rally.

5. Likes: cali (7th August 2022),pantealex (8th August 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    On SS2 Solberg's crash he is already shifting up onto fourth gear on the corner where he crashes. Everyone else keeps on third gear and are even lifting the throttle at the same point. It's not just "bad luck".

7. Likes: cali (7th August 2022),Corcaíoch (7th August 2022),Eli (7th August 2022),flat_right (7th August 2022),J4MIE (7th August 2022),lancia037 (10th August 2022),Lead (7th August 2022),pantealex (8th August 2022),Rallyper (8th August 2022),seb_sh (7th August 2022),steve.mandzij (7th August 2022),timlord22 (7th August 2022),TWRC (7th August 2022),WRC1 (7th August 2022)
    Liked 1,479 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    On SS2 Solberg's crash he is already shifting up onto fourth gear on the corner where he crashes. Everyone else keeps on third gear and are even lifting the throttle at the same point. It's not just "bad luck".
    Don't think anyone here think bad luck was involved in this case.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

9. Likes: WRC1 (7th August 2022)
    Transcript of the post event press conference: https://www.fia.com/news/wrc-rally-f...mit-most-rally

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Don't think anyone here think bad luck was involved in this case.
    “The rear snapped again, I just lost control and I knew I was never going to get it back”

“I saw the tree and when I hit the tree I thought I was going to spin but unfortunately it rolled over, so I don’t know if you’d call it bad luck or stupid or whatever I don’t know but… yeah difficult. Very difficult.”

“Yeah for sure it’s not easy but it’s been a lot of bad luck

“OK Croatia and here were accidents but in both the rear snapped, so it’s very difficult to understand why these things happen for myself. ”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/emotional...finland-crash/
    Last edited by AnttiL; 7th August 2022 at 17:43.

12. Likes: cali (7th August 2022),steve.mandzij (7th August 2022)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Impressed by Tanak's performance. It's hard to quantify how much he actually pushed, so I'm not sure how to rate Hyundai's speed here, Neuville looked even slower than usual on fast gravel.
    Next one is Ypres, Neuville is the favourite but after a rally without big troubles for the whole Hyundai team, I'd be very surprised if they'll have another.
    Another disaster for M-Sport, ironic that Hyundai and M-Sport are having terrible seasons for 2 completely opposite reasons (bad car / bad drivers).

14. Likes: cali (7th August 2022),meh (8th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    “The rear snapped again, I just lost control and I knew I was never going to get it back”

“I saw the tree and when I hit the tree I thought I was going to spin but unfortunately it rolled over, so I don’t know if you’d call it bad luck or stupid or whatever I don’t know but… yeah difficult. Very difficult.”
    I’m aware he said that, what I meant was, I don’t think anyone in this forum thinks bad luck had been involved.

16. Likes: cali (7th August 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I’m aware he said that, what I meant was, I don’t think anyone in this forum thinks bad luck had been involved.
    And I never claimed anyone on this forum would think it's bad luck.

Anyway my point was that he thinks that it's just bad luck when there's something so fundamentally wrong with the driving.

18. Likes: cali (7th August 2022),Essaj (8th August 2022),pantealex (8th August 2022),Rallyper (8th August 2022)