Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    If I remember well, Skoda’s boss said that, with components issues currently, best possible for the first official outing (at least in WRC) was Greece and even there, it was not guaranteed
    Maybe they may get faster with 0 car in Czechia this week?
    But is there a sense with no Mikkelsen in Finland (and probably Belgium)?

Liked 217 Times in 113 Posts
    As well as the official Stage Recce Videos there is a guy who has stage videos on you tube that are well worth a look,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQ4ut0zz9k

This is the one for the shakedown he has others as well.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    If I remember well, Skoda’s boss said that, with components issues currently, best possible for the first official outing (at least in WRC) was Greece and even there, it was not guaranteed
    Maybe they may get faster with 0 car in Czechia this week?
    But is there a sense with no Mikkelsen in Finland (and probably Belgium)?
    Only 3 starts left (7 max).

- Estonia is already confirmed
    - One has to be outside Europe to get teampoints (NZ or Japan)

The one start left definitely should be Fabia debut, but Greece also makes most sense since he drove and won there last year, while he hasn't driven Finland in lower category car since like 2012. Finland would make sense if the car was ready as it's the kind of rally where the car should excell.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    - One has to be outside Europe to get teampoints (NZ or Japan)
    Drivers and teams can nominate rounds independently and neither are obliged to go outside Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Drivers and teams can nominate rounds independently and neither are obliged to go outside Europe.
    To be more precise:
    - drivers can nominate in 7 rounds anywhere
    - teams can nominate up to 6 rounds in Europe (maximum) and up to 1 event outside Europe as an additional 7th round.

And I don’t see any interest for Toksport to send car in New Zealand or Japan (too much cost, all the more with new cars not that much available).

For me, now than Mikkelsen is not entered in Finland, it is clear that his end of season is Estonia-Greece-Spain (Belgium too specific in my opinion)
    So the only question mark is if some Toksport’s drivers can have the new car in Greece or if they will have to wait Catalunya

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    - teams can nominate up to 6 rounds in Europe (maximum) and up to 1 event outside Europe as an additional 7th round.

And I don’t see any interest for Toksport to send car in New Zealand or Japan (too much cost, all the more with new cars not that much available).
    A bit of a contradiction?

Clearly if they feel the need to ensure team title, they will drive outside Europe.

I expect they are quite interested in getting it after losing it to "themselves"(Gryazin in Monza) last year and with driver title uncertain after the two engine failures.

Hyundai is quite likely to start in NZ or Japan or both.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    A bit of a contradiction?

Clearly if they feel the need to ensure team title, they will drive outside Europe.

I expect they are quite interested in getting it after losing it to "themselves"(Gryazin in Monza) last year and with driver title uncertain after the two engine failures.

Hyundai is quite likely to start in NZ or Japan or both.
    Don’t overrate the team title visibility, I clearly don’t think it’s a main topic for Toksport, the real main point is winning the driver championship and honestly, a lot of people don’t care.
    + it’s maximum 1 non-European event as a bonus one so Hyundai can do one at most (NZ could be possible with Paddon already there so it’s the most possible case). But spending money to go to Pacific rally for this a non-sense in my opinion; Kenya would have be more clever in that case.

And in the worst case scenario, there are only 2 R5 cars in Japan Rally today: the Skoda cars used by Kovalainen and the old Japanese guy who was in Croatia. If Toksport really has an issue to win the championship, they still can fund them in exchange for scoring for Toksport (a bit as Movisport model last year); it’s less expensive and almost sure of a 1-2 result as long as they finish.
    But I’m pretty sure Toksport will not use this trick except if Hyundai breaks the «*deal*» by registering in New Zealand as a team.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 9th July 2022 at 23:45.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Follow this guy on youtube for presenting spectator viewing points on the stages. In Rally English!

https://youtu.be/tWLUdvWqGIY

https://youtu.be/H1xB9ga5Oj4

9. Likes: Jewy46 (18th July 2022)
    Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    Where do you get information on spectator access points etc? I have pass bought but no programme etc seems available?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    I checked it in the website today and if I remember properly it will be released on july 27h

12. Likes: DocMS (12th July 2022)