Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Kevin Magnuson is picking up the Haas seat for the departed Mazepin.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    While I'm totally not cool with what has happened in Ukraine, I'm of the opinion that sport should not be used as a platform for geo politics in any way shape or form and should be 100% neutral like it largely used to be.

I remember FIFA banning the wearing of poppies a few years ago as it was deemed a political statement... I don't feel that it is but that is beside the point. Then all of that changed when the Gay pride and BLM virtue signalling came in... and also into F1.

We are bombarded with it on social media daily, can't we all at least have one part of our lives free and untainted by it and can enjoy sport without all that BS?

The football game played in no mans land between the German and British soldiers on Christmas day during WW1 comes to mind for some reason.
    Probably the putting aside of their differences that strikes a chord with me. There is something quite moving about that.

We don't punish children for the sins of their parents because its clearly wrong.... and in my humble opinion, this is also wrong.
    I feel much the same. Not raising the flag or playing the anthem on the podium I could understand, after all that might drag political views into the picture. But the drivers should not face such strict penalties. They can't change where they were born or live on a moments notice, and they don't start wars.

I personally think that the political and social justice things in F1 currently shouldn't be. If the drivers want to make a statement of stand, let them do it on their own free time. I wouldn't oppose some small symbol of support on a car or drivers uniform, but all of it has opened the gates to what is considered "the norm" within motorsports IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Kevin Magnuson is picking up the Haas seat for the departed Mazepin.
    It was a good choice IMHO. I'm sure they don't have wads of money, and Keven already has familiarity with the team. Though he isn't a top rated driver, his background with the team might help with development and communication issues. They don't have much time to find the replacement either, so that factors in.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    The FIA have announced that there will not be a replacement for the Russian GP this season, reducing the number of races this year to 22.
    I am a bit surprised no organizer wanted to step in; it would have been nice to see Portimao back on the schedule, for instance.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    With inflation, rising fuel, travel and freight costs the alternatives were too costly.