Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I have to say that I'm disappointed to see the youngsters Oliver Solberg and Adrien Fourmaux being so lost. And also Takamoto Katsuta so much off the pace (after making slight mistakes in Monte and Sweden). Meanwhile, I'm happy to see Tänak and Neuville showing pace when the car doesn't let them down. Evans was also disappointing in Croatia, but had pace in Monte and Sweden. Is he now trying to go a bit slower not to make any more mistakes?

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I have to say that I'm disappointed to see the youngsters Oliver Solberg and Adrien Fourmaux being so lost. And also Takamoto Katsuta so much off the pace (after making slight mistakes in Monte and Sweden). Meanwhile, I'm happy to see Tänak and Neuville showing pace when the car doesn't let them down. Evans was also disappointing in Croatia, but had pace in Monte and Sweden. Is he now trying to go a bit slower not to make any more mistakes?
    I didn't have high expectations from Oliver, Fourmaux on the other hand did show some promise last year but perhaps his Monte crash shook him a bit.
    Evans is the one who looks lost the most atm, and I honestly don't see him challenging for the title this year, and having a younger teammate beat you like that can't do any good to his confidence.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I didn't have high expectations from Oliver, Fourmaux on the other hand did show some promise last year but perhaps his Monte crash shook him a bit.
    Or maybe it was already the Ypres crash, after that it hasn't gone well on tarmac.

Liked 107 Times in 39 Posts
    Tricky conditions proved to be too much for unexperienced drivers like Greensmith,Solberg, Formaux... except for Rovanpera, of course, but he is on another level anyway.

Evans had to be better than this, it's like he is stagnating instead of getting better and better. However, he has excellent starting point for the upcoming gravel rallies, if he can't deliver there, then his hopes for a title are gone.

5. Likes: pantealex (25th April 2022)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Maybe it's good to spice things up, but I don't like too much this road-position advantage for this rally.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2022/?s=354737 - after 1st day Rovanperä had 1min 23sec lead. Yes, he is good, but without dramatic weather and his puncture it could be quite boring solo.

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    Maybe it's good to spice things up, but I don't like too much this road-position advantage for this rally.

https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2022/?s=354737 - after 1st day Rovanperä had 1min 23sec lead. Yes, he is good, but without dramatic weather and his puncture it could be quite boring solo.
    On the next rally in Portugal, he will have a disadvantage. And he didn't actually lead 1:23, Neuville was only 24s slower throughout the day, but penalties set him back. Tänak had a puncture which set him back about 20 seconds. And despite road position, someone still needs to do the driving. Rovanperä still won the last stage of Saturday, and of course the power stage, with inferior road position.

8. Likes: pantealex (25th April 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Or maybe it was already the Ypres crash, after that it hasn't gone well on tarmac.
    Perhaps, was he in Spain & Monza after that?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    looking at the powerstage-onboard of rovanpera and that of ogier from last year, i'm really surprised rovanpera not only made it to the finish, but even went fastest somehow. he is just all over the place, not smooth at all. seems very inefficient and risky to me, but he seems to make it work

Rally Croatia 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Perhaps, was he in Spain & Monza after that?
    Went off slightly in Spain and crashed properly in Monza

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Lost? Fourmaux, yes. Oliver? No. You forget every top driver has his backlash. Oliver was in 5th place.
    If any one was lost you should count Evans, Katsuta, et o.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...