Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

Max - Long Term Future in Doubt

Almost another Nico...

A demanding 2021 Formula 1 campaign left champion Max Verstappen feeling drained and doubting his long-term future in the sport, according to Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko
    Max went on to say

And Max also said that he couldn't stand such an intensity anymore.

“He still wants to drive for a while, but if that's the case every year, then it [his career] is limited."
    The mental toughness of Lewis Hamilton to endure year after year the pressures may be understated and this makes him one of the greatest drivers of all time.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    I'm sure a season like this one is taxing on both of them. Let's face it, Lewis went into media blackout. But I expect them both to be back.

As for mental toughness for Lewis, I'd say his years at Merc gave him a break for a while. Granted he had to deal with Nico and lost out one year, but he knew if he had a decent upper hand they would support him as a #1 until Nico lit things up. Even then, the car was dominant so it was probably less intense than this year.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Well, he is a world champion already. He has achieved what his father was unable to achieve. He is rich. So l get it. The next few years are going to be super intense. With the fight for dominance when Hamilton finally retires in a season or two [if he wins his elusive eighth title] heating up in the company of very hungry and determined challengers like Leclerc, Norris and Russell. Not to forget Sainz, Gasly and Ocon.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Russell seemed to hit the ground running last weekend. Seems very mature for his age.

I don't think with the quality of drivers out there that Max will ever be able to do a Lewis and roll off a series of championships - it will be a dog fight year after year, and that is if he is in a competitive car.

Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Russell seemed to hit the ground running last weekend. Seems very mature for his age.

I don't think with the quality of drivers out there that Max will ever be able to do a Lewis and roll off a series of championships - it will be a dog fight year after year, and that is if he is in a competitive car.
    It all depends on what car he will have. If it is as dominant as Merc was, then I could see that happening.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

I'm not sure about that, I think you must be forgetting how dominant the Merc was at times. Several drivers on the grid could have had a similar haul with Merc IMO.

Last season Max gave it everything and more, it will have taken a lot out of him and he won't fancy many more seasons as hard as that. However, if Red Bull somehow turn as dominant as Merc have been in recent years, I bet he'd stay then.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I belive Max will compete in F1 for many years to come. His father will see to that.

Several different news sources state that Max has either signed or is about to sign a multi-year deal for big money.

Since reports still vary I'm not going to add any links, but it's all over.

With a car that is dominant the way Mercedes was I think there are a number of drivers that could roll a number of championships in a row. I really hope that no team establishes dominance with the new regulation.
    Last edited by airshifter; 23rd April 2022 at 09:16.

It's now being reported that Max has signed with Red Bull through 2028.

That's a long contract in the world of Formula 1, and with the new regulations might be a risky venture. But then again it's so much money you can't really lose....

Definitely can say that my title for this thread is off.

It does seem that the younger guys like Max, Leclerc, Lando are breaking the paradigm on formula 1 contracts.